NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old November 6th, 2020, 08:12
NAXJA Forum User

Dirt bound bumpers.....

I was looking for another Mohave DIY cut-n-fold bumper. They don't show them anymore on their website. I just got off the phone with them and they are re-doing the line-up, she did not have a answer for me on that particular item and said she would get back with me. Just when I had decided to quit building my own bumpers!
Old November 8th, 2020, 21:04
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Dirt bound bumpers.....

hmmm

I was just thinking about ordering a couple bumpers
Old November 8th, 2020, 22:03
NAXJA Forum User

jcr does a few similar ones, perhaps its what your looking for. ive always been curious iv db/jcr buy from a third party because they had a couple bumpers that were pretty much identical.
Old November 9th, 2020, 05:36
NAXJA Member

I have the IRO rear bumper. Very 'thin', as in approach angles. Less welding. I'll have to do the tanker tuck on the rear quarters to match the bumpers.
Old November 9th, 2020, 09:05
NAXJA Forum User

I just got off the phone with Dirtbound. They "think" they are still going to offer the one I want but to call back in a couple of weeks to confirm that. I looked at the JCR and IRO and wasn't very impressed for my needs.
Old November 14th, 2020, 22:30
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4JeePmaNthINg View Post
jcr does a few similar ones, perhaps its what your looking for. ive always been curious iv db/jcr buy from a third party because they had a couple bumpers that were pretty much identical.
I can say with certainty that DirtBound does not outsource their XJ bumpers. I've ordered from them several times over the years and can tell you they're building their own parts. I even spoke with Max "the owner" personally when there was an issue with a hoop kit I purchased a few years ago. He took care of it right away and is a great guy to deal with. I've done their DIY front and rear bumper, a DIY tire carrier, a battery mount kit and bought a hoop kit for a bumper that I built myself - all from DirtBound. They're a great company. I can't speak for JCR as I've never dealt with them.
Old November 15th, 2020, 09:43
NAXJA Forum User

yeah i have a Diy db front bumper, good stuff imo. Do you know if they were Fortress 4x4 before they were dirt bound? that eagle logo and sticker was with mine when i got it. it suprised me a little but it did come from Db.
Old November 15th, 2020, 11:15
NAXJA Forum User

At the rate things are progressing before I will get a answer I might just build it my-self.
Old November 17th, 2020, 15:58
NAXJA Member

Did you check out StinkyFab's DIY bumpers listed on his website?
Old November 17th, 2020, 18:17
NAXJA Forum User

I don't see any rear bumpers there but it doesn't matter as I put in a big steel order today. I am definitely going with my own build.
Old November 18th, 2020, 11:17
NAXJA Forum User

RCP: just so you know I called them six months ago and got the same story. Still waiting