• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: wiring harness for 2000 XJ

altierior

NAXJA Forum User
i need the wiring harness that goes from the computer to the coil rail, the tps, etc...
and maybe the computer itself

(can anyone confirm or refute whether a 2001 will also work? this would increase my chances of finding something... )

what have you done now

what have you done now
i'm guessing this happened a while ago, and just reared its ugly head this week. in july '09, i threw the fan belt when i got stuck in 'smoothie' (or was it 'milkshake'?). i didn't realize it quickly enough, and overheated. nearly the exact same thing happened the very next month. that's when i swore off mudpits forever.

so earlier this week, the jeep wasn't shifting properly (auto trans). although the code reader showed TPS error, my buddy eliminated both the TPS and clock spring when he found bad voltage readings at the unplugged connectors. he next suspected a wiring problem, and as we traced the wires, we found the wiring bundle near the intake manifold to be all fused together and somewhat melted.
:helpme:

yeah sounds like a trip to the junk yard, but i know youll have a hard time finding one that year.

yeah sounds like a trip to the junk yard, but i know youll have a hard time finding one that year.
yeah, bummer. a few months ago, i knew where to find an abundance of them. :gag: the likelihood of me finding one now is somewhat slim.

i put out a shotgun call to every chapter's classifieds, and i got a few responses. of course, i'd rather find one at the u-pull-it, because it will be cheaper and i'll have it immediately.

probably heading over there this afternoon.

Hey John...
The word is that most of those M&G CFC Jeeps ended up down in SHortys Williamstown, NJ yard. You might want to place a call to them to see if there are any 2000's left...

Otherwise, I would cut/splice new wires in if you can't find one. How many wires are melted?

A.

Hey John...
The word is that most of those M&G CFC Jeeps ended up down in SHortys Williamstown, NJ yard.
so i've heard. that's what i meant in my 'bummer' comment a few posts up.

Hey John...You might want to place a call to them to see if there are any 2000's left...
yeah, well, that sweetheart bruce says "we don't keep an inventory list. you just have to come and look around."

How many wires are melted?
TOO many. we tried to separate them to determine if we could repair, and now it justs looks like spaghetti :eek:

Back