• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can u buy sway bars???? for 94 cherokee

If you did deciced you really needed one ,you could use one from a V8 ZJ.

Most people with a lift just throw away the rear sway bar for greater suspension flex, with no ill effects.

I've never heard of a problem requiring a stiffer front sway bar.
If you go to a stiffer front bar, you'll need to re-install the rear bar to maintain proper steering 'balance'.

With the lift, you'll need extended connecting links at the front, and you'll probably want to get disconnectable links (disco's).

RCP Phx said:
If you did deciced you really needed one ,you could use one from a V8 ZJ.

Take a look at a V-8 ZJ, they have a tiny sway bar. Grab one off a XJ ltd they should be the biggest one (about the same size as an Addco) then pick up some poly bushings for the frame mount.

I have one I'll sell you from a 2000 XJ with good bushings and RE swaybar relocators.
Crunch

I have a 2000 XJ as well and yanked both sway bars. I didn't notice any difference with the rear sway bar missing. I had sway bar disconnects for the front and just recently took those out as well. I usually ran on the road without the front sway bar connected anyway. Unless you plan on driving on the highway, you don't really need them.

Anybody else notice he's got a 2WD? I'm sure that he gets a lot of highway mileage! For one, I'm alway saying never remove your front sway bar. I've driven without them (it broke) and it's not a good thing in the least!

'94, you can get sway bar extensions (the rod that goes from the axle bracket to the sway bar). If you want to get disconnects (good on the trail, but the trail only) I'd recomend JKS Quicker Disconnects as they're just the best.

Sequoia

Good call. No I didn't notice. I don't run mine on the road much anymore and have gotten used to the leaning turns, I guess. I have the Rubicon Express sway bar disconnect kit as well as the relocation brackets for sale if you are interested 2wdCherokee.:D

cherokeekid said:
I looked into them , it lists them for XJ 84-01 except limited, after measuring the Addco on our 5.9 and my factory LTD XJ sway bar they appear to be the same diamter.

The XJ ones are metric usually. I am sure the Addco ones are larger. They offer a 1 1/8" front I think the biggest stock one on a XJ is like 24mm (under 1").

MJR said:
The XJ ones are metric usually. I am sure the Addco ones are larger. They offer a 1 1/8" front I think the biggest stock one on a XJ is like 24mm (under 1").

The Addco front bar is 1-1/8". Jeep has used three or so sizes on the XJs over the years. The ones from early Wagoneers are larger than 1" but I don't think they are 1-1/8" -- maybe 1-1/16".

Back