• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommended shop

Grizzley

NAXJA Forum User
We really don't have a section for this, so if it needs to be moved to tech, than so be it. Just thought I'd recommend to everyone Elias 4 wheeldrive in Townsend MA. Just got my Wagoneer back from them and am very happy with the results. Turned out the timing chain was stretched after 170,000 miles but not broken, the real problem was the crank gear key had sheared off. Runs like a new XJ now. He took it in on short notice and cares enough about his work that he wants a report on how it's running after 3 or 4 days. Clean shop and a friendly puppy.

http://www.elias4wdcenter.com/

good deal marshal.. isnt he the shop that gets INTERCO tires for everyone?? my understanding is he either stocks them or gets them with a pretty quick delivery time... i guess his prices are better than mail-order since so many people make the trip up there to get them... if i'm thibnking about the wrong shop...then nevermind my babbling..

It may be that Lou does Interco. Check his site it's probably listed. When I went to pick up the XJ he was on the phone so I stood and drooled over the winches, lockers etc. that he has on display. Actually, if this is for stuff for your new 90, he doesn't have a thing and he's just a figment of your imagination, hahahaha. :D Off to work.

I'll also highly recommend Elias :thumbup: Lou's a great guy and always willing to stop & talk Jeeps. Also he absolutely is an Interco dealer and has a whole chicken coop full of them in stock, most popular types & sizes and he's even a few $ less than the big online shops too, at least for 31" trxus's.

i have had good luck at elias they had my trxus tires in stock as well as a hight lift and a poly trans mount for my buddys tj. small shop and even thuogh iv only used them a few times they "know" me and have helped me even when i wasent going to buy from them and as far as i know he will match net prices sorry for the drunk post if it dosent make sense

Kind of off the subject but a few questions anyway.... where are those patriot bumpers that elias sells manufactured, it's not in house at elias is it? Does elias do any custom fab/welding work? I know it;s kind of off topic and i'm sorry but i firgured this was the spot to ask. In case you haven't noticed i have never been to elias, mainly because i am afraid of what i'll buy or what impulse decision i might make....Thanks

Mike

Yeah Elias is a cool place, my really good freind is the tech there, and the owner Lou, is a good guy. I was able to go wheeling with those guys a couple times this summer and had a blast. It was cool seeing the guys from a 4X4 shop actually out there wheeling. He does sells interco tires usually at mail order prices or just a bit under, the real bargain is that you can get the tires at mail order price, but without getting killed on the shipping like you would if you bought them online or out of a magazine. Patriot bumpers are not made at Elia's but the Jeeps from the Patriot bumper guys are not an uncommon sight there, I know that Elias has done some work on thier Jeeps before. They do some welding and fab stuff, but as far as them building custom bumpers or rails and stuff like that I am not really sure if they are big into that but Lou is a good guy and it won't hurt to give him a call and ask.

Thanks for the info moto and here's why i ask...it's not going to be short so if don't care or want to help no big deal just stop reading riiiiiiigggghhhhtttt now! I'm a junior at Monty Tech in welding/metal fab and can go out on co-op (every shop week i go to work and get paid and get school hours) the machine shop and micro welding places i work at now don't qualify for various reasons...long story...so i'm looking for a fab shop that's automotive related and actually build custom of mildly custom stuff. i just don't want ot be stuck burning 3 inch beads on 5000 widgets all day. If you guys no any shops in central mass or southern nh please let me know. Sorry if it's asking to much i guess im just needy!!!! thanks for all the help

Mike

They let Juniors out on CO-OP already? I went to Shawsheen Tech and the Juniors were not allowed out on co-op until much later in the year. Yeah Elias is a rather small operation and has a very limited amount of big fab and welding work that they do. They do alot of lift kits, complete Repairs, and installation of everything that they sell. You sound like you would be looking more into a place that does alot of welding and fab work. I really can't think of any places of the top of my head that are big into automotive custom welding and fabrication. But there is much more to the welding / fab field than basic welding assembly work, there are alot of opportunities out there but there is alot to be said about experiance and time on the job. But good luck in your search for a good co-op job. I got mine when I was a Junior and now many years later, am still at the same place.

I can't go out on co-op until january but i'm trying to get everything lined up well in advance. I'm probably going to check out Elias anyway, can't hurt, and i'm sure i could spend some time anyway drooling over all the parts. A couple places have called the school looking for people and i'm high, if not number 1 on the junior candidates list so who knows what will happen? Thanks for all your help Moto, btw where is Shawsheen Tech?

Mike

To get to Lou's, go down through Willard Brook and when you get into the center of Townsend, turn left as if your heading to Brookline. Go around the common but instead of bearing left to stay on 13 go straight ahead into the residential section. Follow that road all the way to the end. It's a ways, maybe 2 miles, maybe a little more. Turn right, large Gambrel style house on your right, 4 stories I think, next building is long, low one story running into the property. You'll see at least one Jeep out back. Driveway is right after the building and the entrance door is at the end near where you park, but on the side you drove down. Have fun drooling. :D

Back