• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SFR 3 and 4 link long arm kits now available.

StinkyFab

NAXJA Forum User
We spent quite a bit of time developing our new suspension kits, and we'd like to think they are among the best on the market today. Instead of trying to build the cheapest or easiest way, we focused on getting the best geometry we could with the strongest bracket attachment method. I cringe when I see other companies using just the crossmember bolts to hold all the suspension, torque and braking loads coming from the front axle. Ours is quite a bit different, and doesn't even require replacement of the stock crossmember, though we are developing a replacement right now. This means you retain the ease of servicing just like a stock vehicle. No dropping your suspension just to change a trans mount.

We sell the brackets on their own, or with either 3-link or 4 link arm setups. All our links are 7075 machined aluminum for strength and light weight, just like our popular steering systems. We use Johnny Joints on all the jointed link ends.

The bottom line is that we didn't cut any corners. We wanted to build the best quality suspension kit out there, and we feel like we've succeeded.

http://www.stinkyfab.com/shop-by-vehicle/jeep/xj-mj/suspension/

108_5576-S__73065.1520742164.jpg

20180116_161051-R__14220.1520742195.jpg

For those wishing to replace the stock crossmember we are currently developing a new replacement crossmember with integrated t-case skid that will work with these long arm brackets, or on a stock vehicle as well.

XJXM4__99991.1525284084.JPG

I'm in -- Memorial Day sale price?

How about the 1st guy to buy one from this add discount?

Seriously, I've been pondering this since I saw you guys put it on Cal's XJ a few weeks ago

Can you give me a price for the full 4 link setup shipped to NJ -- zip is 08846

Thanks, Jer

We haven't put together any plans for a Memorial day sale, or if there will even be one or not. Reason being sales tend to bring in a higher volume of orders, and right now we're just keeping up. A couple of our competitors have fallen into the trap of selling more than they can deliver in a timely manner, and that doesn't do any good for anyone. My goal is always to have the parts out the door within a couple days of getting the order.

As for a price with shipping, the best way to get that is to simply add the kit to your shopping cart on the web site and input your shipping details. The site pulls quotes from both USPS and UPS.

Sweet honey mustard that looks awesome.

I have no justification for it, but I want it.

A couple of questions...

Modification of exhaust required?

How about minimum lift -- What do you recommend?

Can they be installed over frame stiffeners?

Made from 3/16th or 1/4 steel?

How long is the longest aluminum arm?

What is the overall length of the entire steel bracket/mount assembly

Question about the crossmember: How does it compare to the original manual transmission crossmember in terms of transmission mount height?

I could justify a new crossmember with an integrated skid.

Modification of exhaust required? Depending on year, model, and the amount of changes that can happen in 20 years of ownership I can't guarantee anything, but none of the test vehicles have needed any modification

How about minimum lift -- What do you recommend? 4" minimum

Can they be installed over frame stiffeners? Yes, but expect a bit of extra grinding and fitting. How much depends on whose stiffeners you have and how tightly they fit. Again, so much variation in the market that it's impossible to give a 100% answer.

Made from 3/16th or 1/4 steel? 3/16, 1/4 is overkill for just about anything and just adds unnecessary weight.

How long is the longest aluminum arm? From memory, around 31ish"

What is the overall length of the entire steel bracket/mount assembly? Again, from memory about 20"

Question about the crossmember: How does it compare to the original manual transmission crossmember in terms of transmission mount height?

I could justify a new crossmember with an integrated skid.

Dimensions haven't been finalized, but it'll probably be about 1/4" higher at the trans mount, and close to an inch higher in terms of ground clearance.

Hmm...

Any idea on when you think you will have a final product?

Any possibility of swinging by to make a firsthand comparison?

The prototype is on my MJ, I have a second revised version getting finished tomorrow. Hoping this will be the final test piece and I'll get them into production in the next couple weeks. Shoot me an email and we can probably set up a time to see it if you wanna come by. [email protected]

32072884-1647070352079687-6490574587967832064-n.jpg

Last edited:
The prototype is on my MJ, I have a second revised version getting finished tomorrow. Hoping this will be the final test piece and I'll get them into production in the next couple weeks. Shoot me an email and we can probably set up a time to see it if you wanna come by. [email protected]

32072884-1647070352079687-6490574587967832064-n.jpg

When did you put an atlas in the MJ?

StinkyFab;246582700 How long is the longest aluminum arm? [B said:
From memory, around 31ish"[/B]

What is the overall length of the entire steel bracket/mount assembly? Again, from memory about 20"

I was hoping the steel bracketry would fit in a large flat rate box -- doesn't seem to be the case

I don't even own an XJ at the moment and I want this. Any chance you might make this style of suspension kit for regular framed jeeps, or even a semi-universal kit? Would love something like this on my Commando.

Back