• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR Offroad Cut and Fold Bumper?

PhillyPhanInDC

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
I’m planning on doing a cut and fold on the new build. Old rig has a JCR Offroad DIY rear bumper with a tire carrier on it. I’d like to try and retain it with a bit of fab work. I know JCR used to offer a C&F bumper, it’s discontinued now. Was hoping some folks here may have some pictures of the JCR setup or some thoughts on my options. If I can’t make this deal work, I’ll probably look at an AJ’s bumper and carrier, since dirtbound doesn’t do the carrier any longer 😕

221609726072e5db020b2258de121f5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dirtbound just announced they'll be offering theirs again soon. But I've seen a few people do cut and folds with 2x3 under the quarter panel

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I've seen a few people do cut and folds with 2x3 under the quarter panel

To fit my 2001's cut and fold, I added a 2 X 2 down each side, braced back to the frame rail.
7748884346_cdd4431f42.jpg

Trimmed the stock caps to fit the new bumper. It covers the gap between the bumper and tail light.
7748888232_21a7331252.jpg

That's the first time I've ever seen anyone cut up the bumper cap to fit over the corner. Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

After searching, it seems the only two systems I can get my hands on with a tire carrier are the Filthy Addictions Offroad or the AJ’s Offroad. I know AJ’s changed ownership awhile back, either option is a decent chunk of change. Anyone have any experience with either bumper and/or company?

After searching, it seems the only two systems I can get my hands on with a tire carrier are the Filthy Addictions Offroad or the AJ’s Offroad. I know AJ’s changed ownership awhile back, either option is a decent chunk of change. Anyone have any experience with either bumper and/or company?

FAD was local to Vegas. Good guys I met a time or two. Their bumper looks nice.

Back