• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so i scored a crap load of free marine corps motor transportation crap today

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
our wheels department came into my shop today and said they cleaned house and had a buncha stuff they were throwing away and that we should check it out.

i got:

4 brand new in the box h1 humvee rims.

this awesome axe tool set where the axe has all the attachments to make it a shovel or a pick or a stabbing device

some new humvee canopy kits

a bunch of wrench wraps

5 military first aid kits including the snakebite kits (razor blade)

a bunch of durable canvas/courdra bags that would work great as buggy bags.

a few ammo cans.

a buncha tools

and probably some other stuff ive yet to find.

man i love the marine corps.

wanna share a ammo can or two :)

for some reason ammo can are hard to come by for me lately. sorry man, i need the storage on my rig :D

A Canvas bag for your Buddy.

:kissyou:

of course russ whats mine is yours! hows it goin man back in town after all the testing/tweaking the drag car?

pottenger said:
A Canvas bag for your Buddy.

:kissyou:

let me see how big they are they would make a great rooftop for a buggy...the windos would make great sunroofs :D

swbooking said:
a canopy kit for a fellow NAXJAer :D ?

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
let me see how big they are they would make a great rooftop for a buggy...the windos would make great sunroofs :D
Thats exactly what i was thinking of them for...

how much for a first aid kit?

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
of course russ whats mine is yours! hows it goin man back in town after all the testing/tweaking the drag car?
Thanks Ben. Going up to Big Bear Friday to get some stuff done on the cabin. Then I'm off to a race in Acton Montana. That makes 6 races in 7 weeks.

:gee:

Nice.

How big are the canvas bags? Any chance I could talk you out of one (or possibly two?)

Gotta love that old issue canvas stuff. You could probably drop a W-66 in there, set it off, and the bag would contain the explosion. Problem is - old canvas bags just aren't on the surplus market anymore - they keep going to Nylon (works for most things, but you just can't beat a canvas duffel, roll bag, kit bag, or whatever...)

IslanderOffRoad said:
how much for a first aid kit?

What kind of kit are you looking for? I can custom fit you one if you are interested.

DUMPTRUCK...do you need any more ammo cans for your truck? I've still got a few 50 cal boxes and a couple of 5.56 or 9 mil cans at the house (inside the front gate).

HELL yes man shit we never got a chane to hang out with my ass bein on ops all the time i think you must have sent me like 45 pms or something lol :D

we gotta hook up at the 22 area chow hall and get some breakfast burritos or some shit

Cowboydoc said:
What kind of kit are you looking for? I can custom fit you one if you are interested.

DUMPTRUCK...do you need any more ammo cans for your truck? I've still got a few 50 cal boxes and a couple of 5.56 or 9 mil cans at the house (inside the front gate).

You suck, I've been trying to score some free 12 bolt H1 wheels from my motor pool for years. I've even offered to trade them my 8 bolts. :shhh:

I did score some tools, tarps, first aid kits, and a bunch of stuff out of survival kits a while ago though.

I think this is where I'm supposed say some Army is better than the Marines crap, but I won't bother.

MisterFubar said:
I think this is where I'm supposed say some Army is better than the Marines crap, but I won't bother.

hell yes demotovation :D

no what sucks is i could have used these months ago and then i went and bought waaaay expensive trailready beadlocks.

i guess the trail readys look better, but these would have been cheaper and they are double instead of single beadlocks.

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
this awesome axe tool set where the axe has all the attachments to make it a shovel or a pick or a stabbing device

Gimme pictures of that... I've been re-thinking my shovel and ax strategy for awhile here lately...

ALso put something next to it like a ruler or coke can so I can get an idea of scale (no Icehouse cans or Night Train bottles please).

Thanks

its a man sized axe, not ;ike the old etool or anything, im sayin 3.5 feet. its big.

i cant post pics, i have to get iwth cal on why my cdrom drive is no worky worky :D

GSequoia said:
Gimme pictures of that... I've been re-thinking my shovel and ax strategy for awhile here lately...

ALso put something next to it like a ruler or coke can so I can get an idea of scale (no Icehouse cans or Night Train bottles please).

Thanks

Dude be careful posting this stuff. There is such a thing call fraud, waste, and abuse. You and the dudes who give you this stuff can get heamed up big time. My best advice is to have this post pulled man.

They are supposed to either "roll it back" or "DRMO" it. Both are supply terms meaning you can't give it to your buddy.

Back