• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96+ driveshaft clamps

falcon556

NAXJA Forum User
The 96+ rear driveshafts jave a rubber boot covering the splines.
The rubber boot is secured by two clamps that look like the CV boot clamps.
I have tried repeatedly to find replacements without any success. Tried Zip ties, I'd rather have the OEM clamps.
The front and rear clamps are not the same size AFAIK.

why not use like a hose clamp? If placed correctly and tightened properly they should not create any drive shaft vibes...

lilredwagn said:
Front Clamp 4798121
Rear Clamp 4798122

Thanks.
I tried the dealer route once they didn't have them would have taken days to get them, couldn't waite. Pricey too.
There is nothing special about these clamps, there has to be an aftermarked source that makes them readily available and cheap. Doesn't make sense to pay dealer prices for common hardware.

falcon556 said:
The 96+ rear driveshafts jave a rubber boot covering the splines.
The rubber boot is secured by two clamps that look like the CV boot clamps.
I have tried repeatedly to find replacements without any success. Tried Zip ties, I'd rather have the OEM clamps.
The front and rear clamps are not the same size AFAIK.

They are called OETIKER clamps or stepless ear clamps and I have been trying to find them also. Special pliers are used to attach them but the pliers aren't hard to find at a parts store. The are used commonly to hold the boots on CV axle shafts and other parts that rotate. I don't think hose clamps will work for this in my experience they will tear the boot. The only way I have found them is in bulk and I have thought of buying a box of each size and selling them individually here. What I wound up doing was to go through all the boxes of CV boot kits at the parts store where I work and I found correctly sized clamps.

You can also get another similar type of clamp that is adjustable, you can get them from parts stores and they require a special tool to tighten them. The clamp is then peened with a hammer to hold it in place. I prefer the oem style clamps.

I used a heavy-duty plastic zip tie on mine. I've also used these on steering rack end boots with good success. Granted they're not OEM, but they do work very well as a substitute for the steel clamps.

bajacalal said:
They are called OETIKER clamps or stepless ear clamps and I have been trying to find them also. Special pliers are used to attach them but the pliers aren't hard to find at a parts store. The are used commonly to hold the boots on CV axle shafts and other parts that rotate. I don't think hose clamps will work for this in my experience they will tear the boot. The only way I have found them is in bulk and I have thought of buying a box of each size and selling them individually here. What I wound up doing was to go through all the boxes of CV boot kits at the parts store where I work and I found correctly sized clamps.

You can also get another similar type of clamp that is adjustable, you can get them from parts stores and they require a special tool to tighten them. The clamp is then peened with a hammer to hold it in place. I prefer the oem style clamps.

OETIKER clamps! Thats it!
Need a source
I wonder if there is enough interest for a group buy.
I have tried heavy duty zip ties with poor results.

Back