• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d30 diff covers

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I would, & have gone Crane. It's solid & has no lip.

Rob $.02

Do you have a picture of it installed?

Does it stick out any further than the stock one? I'm doing a WJ conversion with strong steering links and am pushing clearance to the diff as it is..

No pic's on me now, but I can email you 1 when I get home if you can't find a pic. Probably try Crane's web site. Doesn't really stick out any more than stock, maybe less due to the design. They're expensive, but nice. After the $$$ was spent & I got it, I'm glad I did. I haven't seen any nicer. & as mentioned no lip to peel ,scrape & leak. Like I said, it's solid, you can't dent it, & you will never break it. Should help stiffen up the D30 as well

Rob $.02

ROCKCRUSHER.......

dscn50713tp.jpg

My concern is that after i do WJ knuckles and install a 1.25" or 1.5" tie rod, the aftermarket covers will contact the tierod at full lock. I think I'm going to have to measure clearance on someone's already WJ converted front end and see where i sit.

-C

Bend the tierod! :)

Cal, the bend in the WJ TRE's will give it enough clearance.

There's a guy on pbb selling a Crane d30 cover for $110.

mmmm. banana's.

Sent that guy a PM jonboy. If i get that, I owe you a beer or two. I was prepared to pay retail for that cover.

Getting there yes. I'm doing the houseing work now, and freed up a bunch of cash. I should be ordering the last parts in a couple days.

It looks like jonboy's lead on that crane cover just got yer boy a free 4xdoctor diff guard. I was planning to move it over to the new axle, but dont feel the need now. :)

Has any one ever built a diff cover like Blue Torch's? Seems like it wouldnt be that hard to do, thick enough steal and ur good, right?

cal said:
Getting there yes. I'm doing the houseing work now, and freed up a bunch of cash. I should be ordering the last parts in a couple days.

It looks like jonboy's lead on that crane cover just got yer boy a free 4xdoctor diff guard. I was planning to move it over to the new axle, but dont feel the need now. :)

And he's grateful!
Thanks Cal
Rick R:sunshine:

Back