• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idler Pulley

95XJMichigan

NAXJA Forum User
I want to rip out my ac compressor, because it is about ready to die. Does anyone know where i can find the idler pulley that goes in the compressor's place? Thanks

Junkyard. I've seen a few in the past couple of weeks.

dude go pull a better compressor cheep from a yard and run it as onboard air... use it to pump tires and crap. put the beast to work...

or junk yard for the idler pully like dude said before me...
but really Onboard AIR :wave:

Hey Johnny - what do they get for them down there? You can't really find an XJ in a boneyard around here that hasn't already been torn down to scrap bits and bobs, and I could REALLY use an AC Delete pully... I don't care if I have to put a bearing in it - I just need to do something before my Sanden dies completely...

It's an 88 4.0, if it matters - probably won't. Let me know what it would cost you and shipping via UPS Parcel Post or USPS Ground to 95124 (residence,) would you?

5-90

Not sure how much they want for those pullies. I just happened to see them while looking for other stuff.

I won't have a chance to swing by a junkyard until NEXT weekend (July 16-17). PM me during the week if you still want me to look.

Please do. I haven't asked at the dealership yet, but they probably want a bundle, and they probably have a 50-50 shot at getting one.

If they're REALLY cheap there, I might ask you to get two for me, so I'd have a spare... Really cheap, in this case, is something like $10 or less...

5-90

Last edited:
You need the whole bracket/pulley assembly, right?

Looking for the same here for my JeepSpeed rig and another friend wants one for his Rally Cherokee. Havent been able to find any in the Phoenix area.

Not if it mounts to the OEM bracket - or if it can be adapted. I don't remember seeing that the bracket part numbers were different in OEMR listings, but I can check again...

OK - I just checked. The basic mounting bracket is the same, whether there's a compressor on it or the idler. The bracket for the idler I'd need, and the idler itself as well.

If it's less than $20, please get one. If it's less than $10, get two if you can. If it's more than $20, please let me know so I can decide what to do (my parts fund is a little low at the moment...)

5-90

Back