• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can I do some fabrication?

blue_flip

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 87 XJ and i wanted to get more than 4" of lift, what are my options?
I also saw the Rock Ready 6" and 8" lifts from Skyjacker that add a sub frame to the mix but it was for an 89 is there anything i can do to it so that i will be able to use it?

Add a body lift for anything over 4''. Just make sure to keep it under 3'' of body lift cause after that, it gets unsafe.

There are loads of lifts that are more then 4''. RE, Rustys and SKyjacker to name a few. Im sure every major company has a lift that is bigger then 4''. Look around, and visit the sponcerers at the top of the page. They will help you out.

body lift?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
since when??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Starboard M said:
Add a body lift for anything over 4''. Just make sure to keep it under 3'' of body lift cause after that, it gets unsafe.

blue_flip, if you pay close attention to the last half of Starboard M's post there's some decent gouge there, but ignore the body lift thing. xj=unibody= no BODY LIFTS!

yeah i saw that whole body lift thing, LOL.
But i cant see those pics though can any one tell me what they are of?
and then no one answered my question though.

they are not pics they are just exclamation marks. body lift = ohh wait you cant put a body lift on xjs. !!! !x3

blue_flip said:
thanks that is what i thought.
do you know that for sure though?

Yes.. besides the different versions of suspensions used in the later version of the cherokee 87+, the suspension system remains the same.

For instance, i can take the suspension outa a 87 and throw it up into an 01. No probs.

Last edited:
Back