• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NATO style can spout

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a spout to fit my NATO style Jerry can. Anybody have a source or one they would be interested in selling. Stupid CARB, every CARB approved gas can I've ever used totally sucked.....either leaked all over the place, was slow as molasses or both! Thanks in advance!------------Hans

Last edited:
Looking for a spout to fit my NATO style Jerry can. Anybody have a source or one they would be interested in selling. Stupid CARB, every CARB approved gas can I've ever used totally sucked.....either leaked all over the place, was slow as molasses or both! Thanks in advance!------------Hans

Call these guys and see if they have any in stock. One of our own will be coming to Vegas next weekend and could possibly schlepp a spout back for you.

Back Country Products
3475 Polaris Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89102
(702) 873-2950

backcountryproductslv.com

I bought mine on ebay.

I just looked, there are a few listed at about $7.

Hey Hans!

A few years ago, I bought a couple of metal NATO spouts and extra seals from Cheaper Than Dirt.

Now they only have a rubber hose. But it looks like it would work fine.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZBQ1411-1.html

Probably the better of the two

I've used those and seen fuel leak aroud the flexible part.

I own one like the new ones on eBay. The plastic corugated part broke. I've found the best option to be a shaker siphon. You can rest the Gerry can just inside the hatch and let the siphon do it's work.

I just bought a spout for my nato cans and a couple of replacement seals from British pacific about two months ago. Should be no problem.
Thanks for the info, Randy! Hey, you remember that map you gave me when me and a couple of buddies were running Goler Gulch?.......well, one of my cats chewed a hole through the middle of it! I think he thinks he's a dog (he plays fetch with me, too)! I'll have to get over to the Jawbone Canyon store and get another one, one of these days. By the way, thanks again, it would have been impossible to find our way through there without that map----------Hans

So the one I got looks like this. It's yours if it works.
spout.jpg

That's a CARB spout.

Did you all see what it said on British Pacific's homepage?

Heavy Duty Jerry Cans
Effective 12/31 we are halting sales of all NATO cans
nationwide, due to new federal regulations.

We will continue to work on a compliant spout and we
hope to be able to offer these cans again soon.
We will keep carriers, spouts, and seals in stock,
as well as the 20L water and CARB approved 5 gallon cans.
Currently out of stock:
All spouts, all seals, all water cans.
All 20 and 10 Liter NATO: that's the end of those

I would say go to an Army Surplus store, they will have what you need. I personally dont like em, I have the german style can. Has a spout attachment, but the opening is small enough to wher eyou can still fill something if you do not have the spout.

I just checked the British pacific website and they are keeping the spouts and seals in stock. A word of advice, The all metal spout does not fit good on the older nato cans. Go with the green one pictured. They are $18.00. If you look at the blue water cans, the one on the left has a larger opening and is considered a newer version. That is what the metal spout fits on. I know because I bought the all metal and it does not seal. Go with the green it will fit. Randy

Ok, I just went out and looked and I have an extra spout that is brand new that I will sell ya for $10.00 and I will throw in an extra map to replace the one your cat ate. I believe it was the friends of Jawbone Canyon, correct? They sell those all around Ridgecrest so I have extra. Let me know if you are interested. Randy

So the one I got looks like this. It's yours if it works.
spout.jpg
Thanks Paul but, that's for the GI style cans. However, I'll still take it (I have a couple of those too) just have to figure out how I'd get it. You going to be in the area anytime soon again?.......I still haven't mounted that track bar I bought from you last year, yet :dunno: I'll get around to it once I put my Jeep's motor back together.--------Hans

Ok, I just went out and looked and I have an extra spout that is brand new that I will sell ya for $10.00 and I will throw in an extra map to replace the one your cat ate. I believe it was the friends of Jawbone Canyon, correct? They sell those all around Ridgecrest so I have extra. Let me know if you are interested. Randy
Oh, man I saw this post too late......I just ordered one from British Pacific but, for $10 , it couldn't hurt to have an extra! Send me a PM and maybe we can arrange a meet......Thanks again, Randy!--------Hans

That's a CARB spout.

Did you all see what it said on British Pacific's homepage?

Heavy Duty Jerry Cans
Effective 12/31 we are halting sales of all NATO cans
nationwide, due to new federal regulations.

We will continue to work on a compliant spout and we
hope to be able to offer these cans again soon.
We will keep carriers, spouts, and seals in stock,
as well as the 20L water and CARB approved 5 gallon cans.
Currently out of stock:
All spouts, all seals, all water cans.
All 20 and 10 Liter NATO: that's the end of those
I didn't see the mention of the spouts being out of stock on their homepage and they just sent me an e-mail saying they had spouts :dunno: Oh well, I just ordered one, we'll see what happens I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the input, guys!--------Hans

Back