• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to look for in a generator

bigalpha

I am going to be buying a generator for work and need to know what to look for.

The generator will be used to power angle grinders, hammer drills, lights things like that. We have a generator already but it shuts down when you plug a shop vac into it and start it up.

So I need something that can handle the start up spike of power tools. I'd like it to be as portable as possible.

honda..that is all

im a generator tech in the air force and our portable hondas are more reliable than our MEP series huge ones

Need to look at what the tools are drawing amp and watt wise and then get the generator that can handle all the amps and watts you plan on pulling form it. I may have my terms confused but I believe this is what we looked at when we loked into them.

Also look for one that has an automatic throttle kick down. That way, if there is no load, it idles, when it senses load, it gives it more gas. And get one with lots of watts and amps. Get it big enough to power your house if need be.

And Hondas are good, and so are Generac

Back