• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rancho shock eye bushings

XJ4PLAY

NAXJA Member #1194
Anyone know if the bushings in the shocks are replaceable?
If so have you done it yourself and how?
I have the original poly and they are oblonged and almost worthless. There is a banging noise, like a loose part, from the front end and I am attributing this noise to the worn bushings. I have tightened and checked everything else and the noise still exists. Also, needs to be done if possible anyway.
Thank you.

Replaced mine because of the same issues. I used two piece polys at first, then found a set of rubber bushings and them pressed in.

They are hourglass style bushings, so stock ones or OMEs wont work, but almost anything else should.

Fergie

Autozone has some energy suspension poly replacements for like $5 that I picked up the other day and haven't had time to install them yet. I had to ream out the Rancho bushings when I first got them and put in a larger sleeve to accomodate a 1/2" bolt and now they are pretty much trashed.

Back