• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dual Battery Setup

SC Rednek

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished.

I've had the rear battery mounted for a while, but just finished the switches. all the battery and switch wiring is 2 gauge wire, with a 4 gauge frame ground on both batteries.

Everything is connected to a single terminal (I used a bolt inside an eletrical junction box) under the hood, except for the winch. The winch can draw about twice what the switches can handle (175A continuous switches), so it is directly connected to the front battery, but turning both switches on will still connect both batteries if needed for extra power.

And, turning both off when the engine is off is an easy way to temporarily remove that annoying check engine light.

Battery Switches
PICT0549.jpg

Rear battery mount, I set it halfway back into the side to save space. I had to set it up about 6 inches to clear the wheel well.
PICT0560.jpg

It's been installed long enough for the trim to get a little banged up already. The pull out panel is mounted on tabs, so you can just push the sides in and pull it out.
PICT0558.jpg

Anyway, it works great, just though I'd post some pics.

me likey..nice

Back