• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Needing a simple winch setup...

hoytinak

NAXJA Forum User
Needing some recommendations for a simple winch setup. I'm putting together a mild trail rig (3" lift, 31's, rear locker, sliders and winch). Most of the good winch bumpers I've look at while fitting a higher/heavier built rid, I think it'd look over done on a mild one. Any suggestions on a plain (but well built) winch bumper and a decent 8000lbs winch? (trying to keep it under $1000 for both)

just go with a front reciever hitch, and a smittybuilt xr8 winch. no problems with this setup for under 5 bills and the winch stays in the garage out of weather and away from thieves most of the time. Better fuel economy as well

Thanks 98XJSport...I like the idea of and looks of that one. :cool:

I had a Warn Transformer winch bumper with Warn M8000 winch on my last XJ that was nice and fit my needs well but man they've gone way up in price on the last 6 years since I bought it. (both the Transformer and M8000)

Doing this again, is a good lesson on why to NEVER sell your XJ. :rolleyes:

Back