• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stereo buzz

beakie

NAXJA Forum User
out of the blue my speakers have started making a buzzing noise... well the front left tweeter is, can't determine if the others are but I hear that one quite a bit.
Nothing new had been done to the rig in sometime, nothing electronically or otherwise. The stereo is about 2 years old, JVC. Infinity components up front,Rockford Fosgate in rear, Alpine amp n sub.
This just started about 2 weeks ago. It kinda sounds like feedback, or static from something. Somedays its like this from start up, or like yesterday it is fine, till I shift into gear and then it kicks in. Took a look at ground wires, and others that maybe interfering and I can't see anything.
my thoughts have been, old crappy stereo, bad wiring along the stereo lines, or maybe aliens... but the bad wiring is just crazy as I did it myself.

any ideas?

Bad RCA jacks? i had a set that were actually a nice high end set that caused feedback. Try swappong em with another set. Also watch where they are routed. (away from other wiring if you can)

same tone, once it starts its the same... I can turn stereo up so its not heard, but at low volumes its very noticeable.
I'll try the jacks, is that something that would become a problem tho? I mean do they degrade with time to cause this sort of problem?
just thinking bout it, I replaced old shitty Jenson amp with good Alpine n this started not long after. wiring for amp is very shitty, crappy bottom line wiring, should replace neg wire with proper quality/gauge before I burn my truck down... could this be my cause?

Back