• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 XJ Modification Help

Polski_93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I own a 93 Jeep Cherokee. I recently developed a new hobby of off-roading. I've been thinking of getting the "Jeep Cherokee XJ 8.0" X Factor Long Arm Suspension Lift Kit System - Rock Krawler", and some Super Swamper TSL/TX tires...35X15.50-15/6 (BSW). I'm a noob to this so is there anything else I would need? Does anyone know where I could get a decent 8" lift that isnt too expensive? Any info would be good. Thanks.

Last edited:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Get ready to be spending some money. There are several different companys that make lift kits for xj's. 8" is a big lift. Fabtech will make custom cut springs of any size; but than the rest of the setup is in your own hands. I'd suggest gettin a kit that comes with everything you are going to need, shocks/springs/track bar/ upper and lower control arms. etc. you are really looking at quite the investment especially with the 35" tires. Im not sure who makes the kit or if you can get it "as a kit" but there is a conversion you can do to the rear suspension which eliminates the leaf springs in the rear and changes it to a coil spring setup. If you really are looking to do something this big to your jeep i would definitly look into the rear coil spring conversion.

good luck man and when all else fails google it on the net and just keep looking up different sites.
peace

Realistically, you need upgrades to steering and driveline at 8" of lift. Some sort of high steer, or over the knuckle conversion for the steering would be in order to reduce the angle of the drag link. Lifts of over about 4" on a 1993 will cause some bad rear drive line vibrations. A slip yoke eliminator kit with a new dual cardan (CV) style rear drive line will correct this.

Tom Wood's " www.4xshaft.com " is a NAXJA sponsor and gives discounts for members. He builds excellent quality drive lines. There are several solutions out there for steering, I'm sure someone else will chime in on this.

Jared:patriot:

TheRedlines said:
Would you really need 8" of lift just for 35s? I honestly don't know. Super XJ Noob here.

NO....I run 35's with 3 inches, but I like my saw and don't care if I get body damage.

In my opinion the optimal setup has a low center of gravity. Save the money for the big lift and purchase armor, lockers, and other practical stuff...or spring for the big lift-and a cage.

It looks like your trying to run before you can walk. Going that big is not going to be cheap, you need to consider getting new axles at least a dana 44 rear and then your looking at regearing to move those tires which isn't cheap. If this is a daily driver I wouldn't go over 6" inches and if you want to save some money don't be afraid to cut up your XJ. Good luck on your new build

Nobody has mentioned that he could blow his axles with 35"s....not to rain on his parade but he should have all the repercussions...I have already replaced one dana 30 front axle shaft with 32"s and a locker

Back