• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another heater core/evap replacement question.

Chadd

NAXJA Forum User
Well I got the steering column out and getting ready to pull the dash. One thing crossed my mind. What is the easiest way to discharge the AC system to diconnect the Evap? Just disconnect one of the lines?

This is on a 97 Country.

Thanks,
Chadd

Should have had it evacuated before you started, most places will do it for free. If you do just allow the little thats left in the system to go into the air I'd release it from the schrader valve and wear some eye/face protection.
You will however need to have a vac drawn on it to remove all the old oil and moisture. Be sure to cap the two connections at the bulkhead once you get them off to keep any other moisture from being absorbed into it. It's also a good idea to replace the drying tower and filter as a unit. Don't remove the caps from the new evap till you have it all back together and are ready to start making the connections.

Well I didn't have to worry about it, it was completely empty.

The evap had a pretty good leak in it. I guess the owners before me put in some leak finder. The evap had neon green stuff all over it from the leaks in it.

Back