• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EVERYONE READ! Re: Vacuum canister

JKooshTJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just so we're all on the same page I thought I'd share a bit of humor along the way. I've been disecting the process of getting the vacuum "canister" behind the passenger side of the front bumper. Just to help everyone else out on this tedious adventure, make sure and use these terms in your search...and I quote:

vacuum bottle, football, baseball, pill shaped thingy, capsule, vacuum cannister, blimp-shaped vacuum canister, coffee can (this is obviously a mod), camping stove propane bottle, Vac resivor for the HVAC, "nothing holder", blimp, engine vacuum canister, vacume bottle, & vacuum ball

Finally when I called the stealership, they told me it was the vacuum canister for the cruise control ($17). I hope this helps all of you in your quest for the illusive "vac can"!

Hmmm...curious. Especially since it is present in both my DD '90 without CC and my project '87 without CC.

-Rich

It actually is a resevior that is *supposed* to take up the minute by minute slack of changing manifold vac from acceration, deceleration otherwise your heater/defroster flapper would be swinging everytime you stepped on and off the gas. Supposed to work kind of like a capacitor by storing up vac and supplying it as needed.

Now that makes a heck of a lot of sense. Maybe the stealer was feeding someone a line? Nah, not our beloved DC!

-Rich

IS THAT WHY MY DOOR FLAPS LIKE THAT! Thank Bob. All I hear the whole drive is sqweeeeeak...slam. I don't have the cannister right now and I was wondering where the hoses which connect to either side of the capsule originate from? If I have that information, maybe I can see if I have the right vacuum lines at least! Thanks!

Back