• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird Front Noise

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
For about a year now after i have put in my BB 2" lift i have been getting this weird noise, which i seem to hear in the front. The noise can be described exactly as when someone drives a car on the side rumple strip on the highway, or a grooved piece of highway. I can hear the sound on the front floorboards and it usually occurs during decelleration or when coasting around 40-50mph . The first suggestions i got when i first posted about this was to check and or change all u joints, lube the slip yoke, remove front d/s and drive w/o it.

I have since tried all these suggestions, i have replaced all d/s u joints with spicer greasable ones and have greased everything i can and have driven w/o the front d/s with no results. The only thing i can think of is the ujoints on the side wheel joints , which havnt been replaced ?

Any ideas or suggestions, would be appreciated.

Pete

my old lifted XJ used to make some wierd noises like that, after doing the front drive shaft u-joint and the other 2 in the front it went away, if I read the post correctly you said you've driven it w/o the front d/s and it still makes the noise, so yeah check those u-joints at the ends of the axle

Back