• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this true?

IntrepidXJ

NAXJA Member #647
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58130

'Mom' and 'Dad' banished by California
Schwarzenegger signs law outlawing terms perceived as negative to 'gays'

"Mom and Dad" as well as "husband and wife" have been banned from California schools under a bill signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who with his signature also ordered public schools to allow boys to use girls restrooms and locker rooms, and vice versa, if they choose.

Analysts have warned that schools across the nation will be impacted by the decision, since textbook publishers must cater to their largest purchaser, which often is California, and they will be unlikely to go to the expense of having a separate edition for other states.

The bills signed by Schwarzenegger include SB777, which bans anything in public schools that could be interpreted as negative toward homosexuality, bisexuality and other alternative lifestyle choices.

There are no similar protections for students with traditional or conservative lifestyles and beliefs, however.

Queerlafornia AKA Califagotland

WOW. Just wow.

[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"Having 'mom' and 'dad' promotes a discriminatory bias. You have to either get rid of 'mom' and 'dad' or include everything when talking about [parental issues]," she said. "They [promoters of sexual alternative lifestyles] do consider that discriminatory."[/FONT]
Since when is "Mom and Dad" alternative? Not to start a homosexuality war, but come on.... I think the 'normal' is a "mother and father".

For the record: I do not approve of homosexuals or their "alternative lifestyle". However, I'll tolerate them as long as I'm not effected.

Just think of all the high school guys who will go into the girls locker room... I know I would have

How else do they think they came into this world? They had a "father", who had sex with a "Mother"

What the hell has does this world keep coming to?

OK... just another thought. If George Washington is called the "father of our country". Does that mean he now becomes "Perceived Male Figure of our country" in all textbooks?

Begster said:
What the hell has does this world keep coming to?

Exactly. To much stupid these days. Do the majority homosexuals really get offended by "Mom and Dad"?

Isn't there more more pressing issues?

Last edited:
I now Pronounce you Male and Female... you may kiss the female

What the f**k, over?

The worst part about this isn't that it happened, but that it happened here. California is commonly regarded as a "bellwether" for the rest of the country (look how the rest of the country is marching lockstep to the Clean Air Act...) so this asininity will probably spread. There's no getting away from it...

As far as me goes, I tend to think of California politics more as a Judas goat than as a bellwether (if you want to know more about those two - look them up.)

Yech.

GSequoia said:
100% bullshit. None of the things mentioned above appear in the bill, not even something that could be tweaked into such.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_777_bill_20070223_introduced.pdf

That's the bill. WorldNet is just being alarmist tryign to stir up the homophobic crowd.

As far as me goes, I don't think it homophobia. Just the typical inane ramblings of "lawmakers" trying to justify their extortionate pay and benefits by continuing to make illegal that which is already illegal - in this case, discrimination (for whatever reason.)

I think my wife's former hairdresser (a gay man) said it best - "If you want to be gay, go ahead and be gay. Just don't be a f****** fag about it." He has a bigger problem with flaming queers than I do (I merely find them irritating, due to their over-the-top behaviour. He finds them infuriating.)

Meanwhile, any comments on the other bit? I'm not sure coddling addicts is a way to go on this - why not just legalise everything and call it done?

Come to think of it, that's largely what Amsterdam has done - and they don't have as big a problem as we do. Turkey legalises domestically-produced narcotics (execution for importation,) and they don't have a huge problem like we do. I'm quite sure we're doing something wrong - it's just a matter of figuring out exactly what we're doing wrong, and changing that thing...

you know what though, still woudnt move out of this state. No matter what crazy laws they come up with next, it's still worth the cost of living here. Check out microstamping, or lead ammo ban bill, or, or, or.....what a crazy bunch of knuckleheads run this state.

JoesXJ said:
you know what though, still woudnt move out of this state. No matter what crazy laws they come up with next, it's still worth the cost of living here. Check out microstamping, or lead ammo ban bill, or, or, or.....what a crazy bunch of knuckleheads run this state.

Well I grew up in the state. I now live in Alaska. I like it alot more up here. Biggest reason is it is like living in the sierras but at sea level and not as many jerks that are gonna prevent you from doing what you want. I remember having bon fires on Hunington Beach, when I lived in Los Alamitos. You just can't do those things anymore. 10pm hits and now someone is comming to write you a ticket. Where I live now I can take my quad of jeep 5 minutes from my place and have a bon fire all night long. Guess what no one cares here, it may even bring others in that see the fire.

Stihl029 said:
Well I grew up in the state. I now live in Alaska. I like it alot more up here. Biggest reason is it is like living in the sierras but at sea level and not as many jerks that are gonna prevent you from doing what you want. I remember having bon fires on Hunington Beach, when I lived in Los Alamitos. You just can't do those things anymore. 10pm hits and now someone is comming to write you a ticket. Where I live now I can take my quad of jeep 5 minutes from my place and have a bon fire all night long. Guess what no one cares here, it may even bring others in that see the fire.

You know one thing I really miss from the Midwest? Being able to burn your rubbish.

Honestly - you throw your rubbish in a barrel (except the metal - that you took to the metal yard. Plastic as well, if the recycler accepted it...) and you light it every two or three days. Once the ashes in the barrel are high enough, you'd scoop them out and mix them with the garden bed.

I would love to have a "burn barrel" here, instead of being limited by the miniscule rubbish bin they give us (it's less going into the landfill, good for the soil, and fire is very purifying anyhow...)

GSequoia said:
100% bullshit. None of the things mentioned above appear in the bill, not even something that could be tweaked into such.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_777_bill_20070223_introduced.pdf

That's the bill. WorldNet is just being alarmist tryign to stir up the homophobic crowd.

Actually Seqouia this is the bill signed by the Govenor

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_777_bill_20071012_chaptered.pdf

INteresting how it was introduced at 6 pages and is now 24 pages.

karstic said:
INteresting how it was introduced at 6 pages and is now 24 pages.

Aren't riders a bitch? It should never be legal for that many lawyers to be in one room...

Just read through it, still doesn't have that stuff though...

GSequoia said:
Aren't riders a bitch? It should never be legal for that many lawyers to be in one room...

Just read through it, still doesn't have that stuff though...

Yeah it'd be great when people write articles like this that they would quote the sections of the legislation they are talking about or interpreting.

JoesXJ said:
you know what though, still woudnt move out of this state.

Good. Very good. You guys can screw up that state as much as you like, but DON'T MOVE OUT. I'm so sick of damn Californicators screwing up the mountain west.... Grrrrrrrr.

Back