NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old November 20th, 2012, 20:20
NAXJA Forum User

Where can I find lower rear quarter panel for a 2 door?

I have a 1993 2 door Cherokee Sport. The passenger side lower rear quarter panel is very rusted (actually it is almost gone). This seems to be a common problem area with Cherokees. I have tried all the popular after market parts suppliers and have not been able to find one. They are availabe for the 4 door but not the 2 door. All I have been able to find for the 2 door is the entire rear quarter panel which I do not need since the only section I need to replace is the lower part behind the rear wheel. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old November 20th, 2012, 20:49
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Where can I find lower rear quarter panel for a 2 door?

this http://c2cfabrication.com/store/prod...oducts_id=6575 ??
Old November 20th, 2012, 21:39
NAXJA Forum User

In front of or behind the rear wheel? If behind, I think 2 and 4 door are the same. In front of the wheel, try to find a suitable 2 door donor in the yard. I have a cordless reciprocating saw (think Sawsall) with which I've cut apart whole chunks of XJ. When I was rebuilding my '92, I brought home whole quarter panels, inner rear fenders, half a front clip, you name it, I cut it. It's a 19.2 Craftsman, cost $49 when I bought it, worth its weight in gold. Of course, I'm lucky to live near a yard that lets you do this kind of stuff...
Old November 21st, 2012, 17:21
NAXJA Forum User

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking the same thing heyhar. I might just take that trip to the junkyard with the cordless sawsall. I just hope I can find one that is in decent shape. It seems a lot of Cherokees rust in that area. Especially when you live in a state like I do where they salt the roads...The section I need is behind the rear wheel, and it does look very much the same as the 4 door. I really can't see any difference. I might just have to buy the one for the 4 door if I have to and make it fit.