• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

could it be true

depends on the year.... I've seen some late models that dont need a SYE. 97+ definitely need em

djblade311 said:
depends on the year.... I've seen some late models that dont need a SYE. 97+ definitely need em
X2! And not as much as year but what axle factors into it also. The 97+ with the Chrysler 8.25 were especially bad. Most XJs with D35s aren't as bad off, and that's from experience. I went from having a D35 that a T-case drop cured all of the problems with, to a 8.25 with the T-Case drop still. Much more u-joint noise and part of the vibes came back. I would say 6" is going to be pushing it without a SYE or shims on any year but you could get lucky. I would for sure drop the 30 bucks on a T-Case drop though.
My .02
-Collin

on my 87 auto i run a 81/4 with a d35 drive line on 6in of lift but in pretty
much sucks i cant run shocks that allow max drop of the axle to keep it from loosing ujoints. i cant say this is a good set up but its all the wallet alows at this point.
oh yeah i have some 8 deg. shims in it

justin:skull1:

Just put the lift off till you have the money for the SYE and CV DS. Its worht it and you wont have any of the vibes, or unnecessary wear and tear. Do It right the first time...

swbooking said:
Just put the lift off till you have the money for the SYE and CV DS. Its worht it and you wont have any of the vibes, or unnecessary wear and tear. Do It right the first time...
X2 I am in the middle of lifting my jeep (not much time, lots of fab, etc). When I had finished the rear S-10 Bastard pack, I IMMEDIATELY knew that I would need an SYE. It was binding 100% of the time. Currently, driveline is removed, SYE (PORC offroad) came in the mail yesterday.

Even if you do a hack-n-tap go for it, and do it originally. Once you see the new output shaft (if you get a full kit) you will feel much better knowing that beefy thing will be turning those tires....

Last edited:
Back