NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old September 27th, 2021, 15:17
NAXJA Forum User

Hey folks new jeep owner here need help

I just bought a 1991 jeep cherokee laredo am I am trying hard to decode the fender tag if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it

I am wondering what this code is QB8?

I can't post the pic of the tag for some reason 🤷*♂️
Old September 28th, 2021, 11:05
NAXJA Member #920

Re: Hey folks new jeep owner here need help

Welcome aboard.

To post pics you need to upload them to a hosting service such as imagur, then place a link here.

For the decode, go to https://xjjeeps.com/, click on "Reference Documents", and pick the parts catalog that contains your year (in this case, the 1991-1993 100-pag, looks to be a scan of the actual Jeep onee PDF, and per the table of contents, pages INF-8 and INF-9 show how to decode the body plate (fender tag) and VIN, respectively.

Without knowing where on the plate the QB8 code you are asking about I couldn't guess at which field on the plate it lands on - there are 6 places where there are 3-digit groupings, so you'd need to look at it yourself and match up where it I don't know if there'sI'm not certain there's anything in there that defines what the codes actually mean, though there's probably a reference list somewhere on the internet.

You could also try asking at the service or parts counter at your local dealer, but I would be willing to bet they no longer have reference info for something that old...
Old September 28th, 2021, 11:11
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Mayercik View Post
Welcome aboard.

To post pics you need to upload them to a hosting service such as imagur, then place a link here.

For the decode, go to https://xjjeeps.com/, click on "Reference Documents", and pick the parts catalog that contains your year (in this case, the 1991-1993 100-pag, looks to be a scan of the actual Jeep onee PDF, and per the table of contents, pages INF-8 and INF-9 show how to decode the body plate (fender tag) and VIN, respectively.

Without knowing where on the plate the QB8 code you are asking about I couldn't guess at which field on the plate it lands on - there are 6 places where there are 3-digit groupings, so you'd need to look at it yourself and match up where it I don't know if there'sI'm not certain there's anything in there that defines what the codes actually mean, though there's probably a reference list somewhere on the internet.

You could also try asking at the service or parts counter at your local dealer, but I would be willing to bet they no longer have reference info for something that old...
Thanks bud I appreciate it
Old September 28th, 2021, 11:56
NAXJA Member #920

No problem, happy to help.