• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

water in the brake line??

Stoney

NAXJA Forum User
i think i have water in the brake line. i don't know how it got in there?? now how do i get it out???

stoney

"i think i have water in the brake line. i don't know how it got in there?? now how do i get it out???"

stoney

It's time to flush the entire brake system. Since I usually work by myself, I use a vacuum bleeder. A MightyVac hand pump will work. You can also use the conventional method with a helper pumping and releasing the brake while you open and close the bleeder screws. Start with the right rear brake, then the left rear. Move up to the front and do the right side and then the left. Make sure to keep an eye on the brake fluid reservoir, keep it topped off with clean fluid. You do not want to pull air into the system while doing this.

It is a very good idea to flush the brake fluid every two or three years. Helps keep the rust build up in the brake system to a minimum.

Larry

You didn't mention how old your vehicle is or when the brakes were last serviced. Larry is correct -- you should bleed periodically. Brake fluid (unless you run silicone) is "hygroscopic" -- which means it attracts moisture. Over time, brake fluid will pull moisture out of the atmosphere. Obviously, this will be more of a problem in Seattle than Tucson, but that's one way water can get in there. You may never see it, but it can be enough to rust the lines from the inside.

its 91 with abs(will that be harder to bleed the whole system?) and i have bleed the right front b4, and the rears when i changed the axle but probly not flushed it. so i am going to try to do that this weekend. thanx for the help!!

stoney

Back