• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix hard to find parts sources thread

Happy to announce that the RENIX ECU connectors I bought fit perfectly.
Part numbers:
32 way connector
12045575 - housing
12045889 - top TPA clip with retention clip
12045890 - bottom TPA clip
24 way connector
12047946 - housing
12047900 - top TPA clip with retention clip
12047901 - bottom TPA clip

You need one of each above to create a harness.

Terminals are 12146448 and 12146447. Each is for a different wire gauge range. I can't remember which is which, check the ​datasheets. All of them can be bought on mouser.com for cheap. If you're near Central Mass, buy me a couple beers and I'll give you a set, I got ten because I hate paying more for shipping than I did for my parts but only need 2 or 3 sets max.

Everyone is on facebook now, its free, and photo sharing is free. But it is not topic / thread friendly and searchable. I see a 6-20 posts a day on one Facebook Renix renix page asking questions, you, me and the REM guy are famous there now, LOL. But I send them here for old thread topics almost daily. I think I am going to start telling them they need to use Naxja, but the free photo thing there is a real problem here. Wagoneer Reinx front turn signal amber things (lens?) are not to be found. One guy tossed out his Wagoneer tail lights in the trash for LED lights, :( and just found out they resell for about $300 ea :shiver: used now, according one guy

It sure is quiet here.......

Everyone is on facebook now, its free, and photo sharing is free. But it is not topic / thread friendly and searchable. I see a 6-20 posts a day on one Facebook Renix renix page asking questions, you, me and the REM guy are famous there now, LOL. But I send them here for old thread topics almost daily. I think I am going to start telling them they need to use Naxja, but the free photo thing there is a real problem here. Wagoneer Reinx front turn signal amber things (lens?) are not to be found. One guy tossed out his Wagoneer tail lights in the trash for LED lights, :( and just found out they resell for about $300 ea :shiver: used now, according one guy

I get a lot of clicks on my website from farcebook. Maybe that's why?

What pisses me off about this site is I have to pay money if I want a signature enabling me to give free advice........link to my website, photos etc.
The website doesn't make me a dime but costs me money each year.
Just goes against my grain.....

Bump!

Anyone know where I can get a manifold air temp sensor (MAT/IAT) for an '88? My usual sources are coming up dry. I used one off a 2.5L I had sitting in the junk pile but the jeep backfired a bunch due to a bad fuel pump output hose recently and probably torched the poor IAT/MAT sensor again... that's what killed it the first time. So now I am out of spare parts from my pile and likely either need one, or will soon, it's doing the same thing it did last time.

edit: the front CCV elbow would be nice too. I don't feel like spending 18 dollars on an entire vacuum harness I neither need nor want, but it'd be really nice if I could replace the rubber elbow with one that's not 30 years old and the consistency of a gummy bear someone left in a mud puddle overnight. It won't stop falling out of the valve cover.

edit 2: the OEM part number for the MAT sensor is 33002382, nothing comes up on rockauto when I crossref that. 33002383 (the CTS for the ECU) comes up with several things. It's too bad the MAT is a super delicate plastic cage around a thermistor instead of the heavy brass construction of the CTS, because otherwise they seem to be identical in resistance to temp curve per LungHD. The MAT on the TBI 2.5L is the same as the one on the RENIX 4.0, part number listed for both in the catalog.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Doesn't the 1991 sensor work, you just have deal with mismatch of connectors?

Is the pipe thread 3/8"

I had these book marked for buying spares from a recent search I did for others in a facebook Renix group (900 members, many who had not heard of NAXJA till I arrived :( )

https://www.injector.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=65&idcategory=12

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Omix-Ada-1...eep-Wrangler-Cherokee-2-5L-4-0L-/301236615505

Lets us know what you buy and use and how it works out.

They're different. someone on Comanche Club found one that works.

Tomco #12134.

Tomco catalogue online I just downloaded lists it as a #12120

They seem to be the only source too.

Thanks!!!

BTW you are becoming a legend on Facebook LOL.

They're different. someone on Comanche Club found one that works.

Tomco #12134.

I don't do facebook... LOL. Got a link?

Then join that group. The group was started with your web site-book link as the intro
LOL
over 900 members :eek: claimed today. And the renix scanner guy, REM , Nickintimefilms is popular too, he has built over 100 REMs and is on about version 20 with a fan controller option and clock option.

Happy Holidays!!!

Yeah I found Tomco... you have to cut and splice the connector on it I think? And it looks like they don't have an ecommerce site, which kills me since I'm stuck at work and can't use the phone for basically the entire day.

Yeah I found Tomco... you have to cut and splice the connector on it I think? And it looks like they don't have an ecommerce site, which kills me since I'm stuck at work and can't use the phone for basically the entire day.

I refuse to work for those sort of firms. Have some one else call in the order.

No idea, but I would be prepared for doing connector work.

And they do not have E-commerce. I think they do have email?

Back