• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ with stroker, lift, axles Charlotte, NC

kf_chris

NAXJA Forum User
Good day all,
It pains me but after much talking and thinking about this I have decided to list my jeep for sale. It has been mine for 55K miles and I built it from a little tike to what it is now. The motor, trans, and transfer case have all been rebuilt within 14K miles. The axles were put under it about 5K miles ago and have only been used offroad once. The fluid in everything (even the brakes) has less than 14K miles on it at most. It runs great, sounds better and is faster than most jeeps out there, not to mention a good bit of cars. I'll list some pics and the specs. Let me know if you're interested. It's in Charlotte and I drive it usually once a week. Price is 7500 obo.

I also have a set of unmounted AJ's standard rock rails and a rusty's transfer case skid plate for sale too.

Specs:
00 Cherokee Sport
4.6L Stroker built by Tyler (Rock Solid) I can give more specifics about the engine...it's a jem
AW4 trans rebuilt in Orlando 13K miles ago
231 transfer case inspected with Advanced Adapters SYE built 10K miles ago
4.5" Rough Country lift, built with new leafs, not AAL
BDS shocks
Ford 8.8 LSD rear axle with discs
HP30 with Aussie locker
Tom woods D/S
Header, 2" exhaust
Pacer aluminum rims
32.5/11.5/15 Mud King tires (like old BFG MT tread)

It's a good jeep but we hardly use it for offroad, been wheeling once in the last 2 years, with the baby on the way in a few months we definitely won't use it for a while if we do for what it was built for. I'd like for it to go to someone who'll appreciate and use it. I know that the parts by themselves are worth a lot more than I'm asking. It's got a few scratches and small dents but it's overall a great jeep. I'd drive it across the country tomorrow if I needed to with no worries. It's also stable and vibe free up to 90mph.

websalepics2.jpg

websalepics1.jpg

websalepics.jpg

150K on the body (everything else is as listed). Just did an oil change.
Don't know about the carfax, it was in good shape when I bought it so I didn't even check. I'll get that done.

Is your jeep blue?

No I had a red 99 XJ looked just like yours, but I sold it in April and now am regretting my decision and want to get back in a XJ soon!

Had one person interested enough to come look and drive this. No pressure to sell. Just figure someone may want to have it to use in it's full capacity.

Hey everyone. I'm selling the jeep or trading it in on a minivan (we don't wheel anymore and I'd rather not commute in my jeep for many reasons...none being any jeep issues as far as reliability)

There have been some changes since this thread was originally put up. Rides now on a 3.5" rubicon express lift (I'm pretty sure it was before their quality went to question but I can confirm this). It now is back to stock axles and gearing (3.55) and has Aero black steel wheels with 31.5 10.5 15 tires on it with good tread left. Has 155K on it (so 18K on the engine and 15K on the trans after the rebuild in 2010).

New price 5000 obo. Thanks for looking. I'll have some pics up this weekend with how it sits now.

Last edited:
Hey everyone. I'm selling the jeep or trading it in on a minivan (we don't wheel anymore and I'd rather not commute in my jeep for many reasons...none being any jeep issues as far as reliability)

There have been some changes since this thread was originally put up. Rides now on a 3.5" rubicon express lift (I'm pretty sure it was before their quality went to question but I can confirm this). It now is back to stock axles and gearing (3.55) and has Aero black steel wheels with 31.5 10.5 15 tires on it with good tread left. Has 155K on it (so 18K on the engine and 15K on the trans after the rebuild in 2010).

New price 5000 obo. Thanks for looking. I'll have some pics up this weekend with how it sits now.

Nice vehicle....
Very Tempting.....

Also, in case anyone is curious, when I built the engine, I put on a mildly built 94 HO head. His 0331 was not cracked, but we all know how they can be. I made custom brackets to hold the factory coil pack in place. His jeep is one of the best running strokers I've built... It has a ton of of idle torque!

I'll vouch for the RE lift as it was purchased new by me, and run on my Jeep for 3-4 years as a DD/Weekend Wheeler. It is one of the last good kits before the quality went down hill. Only trouble I had was leaf spring bushings on the shackle end, which I replaced last summer, just a few months before trading the lift to Chris. It rides extremely well and has a very impressive amount of flex for a 3.5" lift. It is the 3.5" Super Ride version with full packs.

What was the gearing with the old axles? That was for the 32's and 15 mpg? Any particular reason you swapped out the 4.5" lift for 3.5"? Got any pics of the interior? Gray or Tan? Anything special on the inside? Sorry if I missed this in the thread above... :viking:

grey interior. stock gearing now 3.55 (the 8.8 and aussie hp30 had 4.10 which helped but did not impact or help mpg at all)
It gets 15mpg no matter what gear or tire size...I don't understand it but it's worth it with the power.
I swapped out the lift hoping to lower it a little but that didn't happen...though it does ride better on rubber bushings now and AT's
Nothing special on the inside, expensive front speakers and a Sony CD. I'll get pics soon, hopefully tomorrow.

Hey do you still have this?

Back