• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seats comfort issue

Criver12

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 XJ with the typical seats where there is no adjustable headrest, it is just built into the seat. When I lean my head back my neck hits around the top of the headrest.

Does anyone know a way to alleviate this? It's mostly a problem on long drives where I want to rest my head a bit haha.

WJ Grand Cherokee seats are 3 times more comfortable than XJ seats, even the XJ ones with adjustable headrests. They will bolt onto the XJ seat base/slider. If the donor WJ had power seats, you do lose the power seat functions.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I have a 99 XJ with the typical seats where there is no adjustable headrest, it is just built into the seat. When I lean my head back my neck hits around the top of the headrest.

Does anyone know a way to alleviate this? It's mostly a problem on long drives where I want to rest my head a bit haha.

How tall are you?

WJ Grand Cherokee seats are 3 times more comfortable than XJ seats, even the XJ ones with adjustable headrests. They will bolt onto the XJ seat base/slider. If the donor WJ had power seats, you do lose the power seat functions.

While this is a common upgrade, and please be aware I have no first hand experience with this, I am kinda under the impression that these seats sit higher. Thinking if you are tall enough for your neck to be at the top of the one piece bucket then if they do sit higher you might feel you are to close to the ceiling.

XJ's did come with removable headrest buckets. No idea if this would help you though. They still might be the same height even with the headrest all the way up.

Back