• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are my "Up Country" rear leaf springs sagging?

tokarev

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone,

I've got a 2001 XJ Sport with factory "Up Country" suspension.
It seems like my rear end is sagging a little. Can someone please take a look at this picture and tell me if that's a normal amount of arch (or lack, thereof) for a rear up country leaf spring?

Thanks for your help.

leaf_spring.jpg

Looks to me like your main leaf is shot. The bend before the shackle tells me that because i have the same problem. I put an old set of 3 in aals in and now i have a gap between the main leaf and the aal.

you have an extended shackle dont you?

- Nope. Everything is totally stock except that I recently trimmed the fenders and put on 31" tires.

if not, stock upcountry would be 18 inches center of wheel to bottom of flare

- I wish I could measure it, but like I said, I recently trimmed the fenders. (I installed BW flat fender flares, actually. They require trimming.)

Those springs are shot!

The fact is that unless you have a tremendous amount of weight in the back half of your Jeep, the rear leaf springs should have a u-shape (yours seem flat). It's this shape that creates the downward force to provide "spring."

Back