• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Copper/brass heater core for less than $400?

I got the Vista Pro and while it’s build quality wasn’t the same as the original, it’s has been performing excellently ever since! I also posted a video to my YouTube channel that lets you see the difference between the original, the garbage aluminum ones, and the Vist Pro.

https://youtu.be/cmkFxxcqlUE

Thanks, Ben. I can snag one for about $70 right now, so while I have reservations, I can't wait forever as my HVAC overhaul is far overdue. Hopefully my usual bad luck takes a break this time.

I just watched that video above -- My experience with the vista pro was just about the same -- I did have to "tweak" the tubes to fit the channel -- also had to drill a hole in the mount because the included hole did not line up

I also ended up adding foam to the vista pro -- but what I added was too thick -- Made lining up the blend door with the mount in the upper half of the heater box a real PIA -- I ended up shaving down the foam I installed so it wouldn't push on the blend door area knocking it out of alignment

It's been running just fine but it's only been a month or so -- makes plenty of heat

Well, I just got an email from the site that listed the Vista Pro as being in stock. It's not, and they also followed-up with a statement saying that they have no copper core heater cores at all which must mean entirely for all vehicles because the sender said this despite clearly not knowing my vehicle model (cuz she asked for it). It's looking more and more like our only options anymore are garbage or garbage.

I will only buy heating/cooling components from JeepAir. They are simply the best IMHO.

https://jeepair.com/heater-cores/cherokee-heater-core.html

Their description says it all:

Jeep Cherokee original replacement heater core 2.5 and 4.0 liter engine. Core Size (H x W x D) 8 x 7 1/2 x 1 1/4 inches. Inlet: 5/8 and Outlet: 3/4 Factory OE Replacement heater core. Due to the labor time required for the installation we feel it necessary to only sell a quality product.

Last edited:
I will only buy heating/cooling components from JeepAir. They are simply the best IMHO.

https://jeepair.com/heater-cores/cherokee-heater-core.html

There description says it all:

Jeep Cherokee original replacement heater core 2.5 and 4.0 liter engine. Core Size (H x W x D) 8 x 7 1/2 x 1 1/4 inches. Inlet: 5/8 and Outlet: 3/4 Factory OE Replacement heater core. Due to the labor time required for the installation we feel it necessary to only sell a quality product.

Sure looks like the vista pro me — at $79 it’s definately not a mopar

Certainly worth a call to see if it’s actually available for purchase

Sure looks like the vista pro me — at $79 it’s definately not a mopar

Certainly worth a call to see if it’s actually available for purchase

I've spoken with Jeep Air very recently. They told me:

The quality of heater cores on the market has really gone downhill so we have stopped offering them until we find one that we are comfortable with.

You guy's arent making me feel great about the Spectra I'm about to install.

But looking at it, i'd run it over the vista pro pictured in this thread without question.

Back