• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

week door lock and slow windows???

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
awhile ago, my windows became significantly slow and my door locks are so week i have to hit the unlock button 10 times for the lock to move all the way. My rear driver side door lock is so stiff i cant even move it by hand

any ideas???

and no its not a dead battery

Clean and lubricate the locking mechanisms.

Check the wires for damage, loose connections, or poor grounding. If you don't have full power, they won't work.

Last edited:
all at the same time

slow windows i can deal with but the doors suck!

sounds like low amperage. if it all started at the same exact moment then you probably have a frayed wire that is limiting the power. the locks and windows are on separate power circuits but I think they share a common grounds so that's where I'd start looking. Maybe somebody with a '96 FSM can provide more information

They do indeed both share a ground. G202 is below the headlight switch somewhere, not really sure exactly where and thats the only information that I could find as to where it is. If I was at home I would look at my 96 and be able to tell you exactly where it is.

There is no shared power between the two systems, only the ground!
Another place to look would be at the wires in the door hinge area, the ground could be bad there also!

Good luck!

Back