• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longer rear wheel studs for my 2k !!!

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Since I added rear disk brakes, I've wanted to lengthen the studs as they're just shy of proper mating! I can't find anything(Chry 8.25 w/ Yukon axles). I have been on the phone with Yukon, but they are absolutely worthless(they only catalog by application not dimension). All my research shows few options!

Front hub studs are the right length, you can press them out of a set of old hubs.
Studs from a ZJ, with rear disc brakes, will also work.
I found a new set of ZJ rear studs at the local Napa, before they removed all the small parts cabinets.

All the ones mentioned in those threads are the wrong size knurl. The 8.25 Yukon axle uses .618" knurling.

If you get on Dorman site you can look at the specs for all the studs they offer, then find some that are close. Don't worry about .00N difference, that's thousandths of an inch.

My rear is a TJ Rubicon D44, studs were only 1.5" inches long. The closest match for what I wanted were old F150 studs, but none available locally. Found another set from the TJ that were almost 2" inches, slightly larger knurl but they pulled through just fine, Autozone had them just had to drive around the county and collect them all.

Actually I just ordered a set of Dorman 610-260's, they are only 1/8" longer in threads but they will work for me! They have a starter shoulder on them but I checked the overall length with one of my lugs and they will still work fine.
The factory stud is a 610-364 > .618" x 1-15/32"
The new stud is > .618 x 1-13/16"

Front hub studs are the right length, you can press them out of a set of old hubs.

For the record, my 2000 uses .627" knurl studs in the front.

Actually I just ordered a set of Dorman 610-260's, they are only 1/8" longer in threads but they will work for me! They have a starter shoulder on them but I checked the overall length with one of my lugs and they will still work fine.
The factory stud is a 610-364 > .618" x 1-15/32"
The new stud is > .618 x 1-13/16"

When you said 1/8" longer, what stud were you referencing? Is there another stud above the 260 that is a little longer than that? I just want to be sure I get the right ones this time.

I was comparing the 610-260 to my original factory studs(threads only, not the shoulder).

I was comparing the 610-260 to my original factory studs(threads only, not the shoulder).

Ok, Thanks! I wonder if the dana 35 has longer studs...I seem to remember noticing that the ones on my 99 were noticeably shorter than the 96 with the 35 on it.

Back