• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best aftermarket radiator for 2001 XJ...

RockRod

NAXJA Forum User
I have hood vents. I have hi-flow thermo housing and thermostat.
I run fine on the street, boil over everytime I going do anytype of wheeling. :flamemad:
And who makes a dual fan kit for a 2001???
Help, sick of this :fuse:

I just bought a 3 core rad from Autozone w/lifetime wty for $130. Works great and no more overheating. Jeff CamoXJ

P.S. this is for a 96!

RockRod said:
I have hood vents. I have hi-flow thermo housing and thermostat.
I run fine on the street, boil over everytime I going do anytype of wheeling. :flamemad:
And who makes a dual fan kit for a 2001???
Help, sick of this :fuse:
What trans do you have?What size tires are you running and with what gears?

Auto trans, 4.10's, and 33's.... For now...

jkmhb said:
RCP Phx -you got the radiator at Autozone for $130? Their website says $229.
That was "Giranger's" post!

I run a two row Modine and a very large external tranny cooler thereby removing that extra heat from the cooling system. Also a high flow T-stat and housing, and hood vents. Runs cool on and off road even here in AZ.

Re: Best aftermarket radiator for 1996 XJ...

After lots of searching here, I too have decided on a 2 row Modine.
Has anybody had good luck with anybody online/national?
I checked out Global Radiators website (someone on NAXJA mentioned) and they list model #GR-2802 for $110 with free shipping. I got a '96 4.0 AW4. This sounds good, but customer service is also important to me especially considering this is a lifetime warranty item. TIA. (Didn't want to start a new thread, sorry to hijack original) Brad

Not sure on the 2001. On topic, but maybe not greatly helpful: Peterson's July issue has an article, page 106, where they upgraded to a 3 row, all metal. (for an older model, within a year of my '89, so I ordered the same thing, 129 or 136, including shipping so, I went for it.) Some of the newer stuff has plastic parts, but what doesn't, eh? Too many variables in our cooling problems. Clutch fans, the above mentioned tranny coolers, higher output waterpumps, and electric fans. But I agree, not sure which boils over first, when problems appear on the trail, the radiator, or my temper. I'm doing radiator, clutch fan, waterpump, tranny cooler, and thinking of sinking a hatchet into the hood, if that doesn't do it. Already replaced the radiator hoses (springs in lower to avoid collapse and constriction), and the godawful plastic bottle some brainiac thought up. The article covers a few of these things, might be worth a look, even if the years are off. Most of your stuff should still be in decent shape, after only 3 to 4 years.

Back