• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Six inches

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
NO NO NO NO NO! :nono: Not that six inches. I am talking about the difference in length between the drag ling and the Trac bar.

For some years my XJ keep trying to go left whenever I break hard requiring a slight right correction. The axle is centered properly under the XJ and the steering wheel is straight when driving straight down the road. I just measured both the drag link and the Trac bar. The draglink is measured at 37.5 while the Trac bar is 31.5 inches.

Wat is the maximum allowable length difference between both? My XJ is sitting at 4.5".

I don't think that number is as important as the angles. It sounds like your getting some bump steer when the front end dives under braking.

I don't think that number is as important as the angles. It sounds like your getting some bump steer when the front end dives under braking.

The angles do look good, at least to me with the drag link at 13 degrees and the Trac bar at 15 degrees. Or is that too far off?

I am in the process of building a JK D44 for the front to replace the D30 so I do not want to invest a lot of time in this one. However, knowing what need to be corrected on the replacement will be a step in the right direction .

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. With stock steering and an adjustable track bar at 3.5" of lift and at 5.5" of lift my XJ has never darted either direction when stopping or has it experienced any bump steer.

I would look at the brakes and the shocks, and look for worn or damaged steering components, worn or damaged suspension components.

Back