• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 Xj 4.0 Starter Relay

90xjpos

NAXJA Forum User
ok i think i have this problem figured out. i just need to find someone who has a 90 xj with a 4.0 and i need them to look at there starter relay for me. IF THIS PERSON IS YOU, HERES WHAT I NEED. EVEN IF YOUR NOT MECHANICLY INCLINED I WILL WALK YOU THOUGH THIS. behind your battery there is a metal box. there is a cable that runs from the positive of the battery to this box. now. heres what i need you to look at i will make this diagram as best i can. i just simply need you to look at the wires on yours and tell me were the empty post is.

_____ TOP POST LABLED F
I </
0 <------- BOLT WITH A BUNCH OF RINGS OVER IT
I <---------POST LABLED "SOL" WITH LITTLE METAL TAB ON IT

I<\ I <---- POST WITH BLACK WIRE ON IT
\
|___________ POST WITH GREEN WIRE ON IT.

NOW WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS WHICH OF THE TWO POSTS DOSNT HAVE A WIRE ON IT. IF IT IS THE TOP POST LABLED F OR THE MIDDLE POST LABLED "SOL"

IF THE TOP POST IS EMPTY THEN LET ME TELL YOU WHAT. NEVER. EVER .EVER TAKE YOUR JEEP TO THE STEALERSHIP AGAIN. CUZ THOSE MORONS MIGHT HAVE JUST COST ME $2,000 IN REPAIRS BECAUSE THE PUT THE WIRE ON THE WRON POST.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much oldmanxj one last question. i cant find the oarange wire. the stealership screwed this all up. (lawsuit time) the only oarange and black wire i see goes into the ignition control module under the coil. or at least i think thats the ignition control module. did they maybe plug it into the wrong spot? thanks again you have been such a great help. if you were a chick i would kiss you. but since your not if your gonna be in utah for the rally i'll buy you all your drinks :)

Back