• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein 7100 Rear Mounting Issue

Blindtheft

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having trouble finding out how people have handled the upper mounts in the rear. Several have mentioned using these JKS bar pin eliminator mounts:

gUyNlxY_d.webp

I can't see how the remote reservoir hose doesn't bind. It's forced into the body no matter which way I try to go with it.

01PgwW8_d.webp

8EMFCmH_d.webp

qU26qEc_d.webp

What am I doing wrong here?

I went for fixed reservoir 5150 in the rear and 7100 up front. The newer 5165 have a right angle on the pipe exit. You could put a suitable pressure rated right angle fitting on your 7100 shock tube. Or change the hoses to the banjo style that Bilstein use on the 5165, they may be available as separate parts if you can't get them made locally.

I went for fixed reservoir 5150 in the rear and 7100 up front. The newer 5165 have a right angle on the pipe exit. You could put a suitable pressure rated right angle fitting on your 7100 shock tube. Or change the hoses to the banjo style that Bilstein use on the 5165, they may be available as separate parts if you can't get them made locally.

Thanks for the input/ideas!

Back in the day someone made a cross member for shock mounting that went all the way across and have several locations to mount the shocks. It also turned the upper eyes 90 degrees. I may have been Hinkley when he owned Off Road General Store.

Anyway it gave the ability to run the shocks angled as well and also helped with the problem of ripping that cross member loose.

Back