• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Battery Time

ty20404

NAXJA Forum User
Well, my battery is crappin' out...

I just wanted to see what people think would be a good option, and i know I'll get a lot of replies on this one so I'll probably sway towards the most common one. And i'm thinking Optima is a little too much money for me. But we'll see.

Here's the load I'm running so ya'll can base it off of that.

2 Hella 500s
2 Walmart Cheapo fogs
2 upgraded headlights (duh)
1 700 Watt RMS amplifier
  • Runs all 4 speakers and Subwoofer
XM Radio
2 Cheapo Advance Autoparts Fogs (reverse lights)

(We at least try to maintain a "PG" rating around here, so play nice. This ain't Pirate, you know... :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
1 vote for Optima!! worth the money for me!! Red top in the jeep not many extras there and Yella top in the Cobra pushing 2500 watts........:music:

I have the red top, but like said earlier the yellow would be the best for you.
I had a small problem with my red, nothing serious, they sent me a new one without me sending my unit back to them first. Optima is worth the investment.

Consumer Reports did a battery test a while back with criteria such as longevity, durability, etc. and im pretty sure that the duralast came out on top

just so you know that more expensive doesnt always equal better

I'm running a cheapo(came with jeep) and its been great so far

91Limited said:
Consumer Reports did a battery test a while back with criteria such as longevity, durability, etc. and im pretty sure that the duralast came out on top

duralast = interstate

and they make a gel cell.

I vote stinger or odyssey.

smaller, tougher, MORE vibration resistant, but a little more money.

91Limited said:

Yup..I run the Duralast "65" series the one rated tops by Consumer Reports
it was $62.00 and has 3 year free replacement 8yr prorata. I think one of the best deals in a battery

napa nascar select battery good battery for the money

well i got a Duralast Gold w/ 1000 cranking amps. It was like 80 bucks. 3 year replacement, 8 year warranty. Thanks for the help.

For anyone else wanting to go Duralast, and want to save some $ ask if they have a "used" battery. They're $20, but no warranty. If a battery gets returned for any reason they can't sell them as new. Most of the ones returned have nothing wrong with 'em, and they get resold as used batteries. I got one that was for an F-150 or 250, a little snug, but more than enough battery.

WheelsUp said:
For anyone else wanting to go Duralast, and want to save some $ ask if they have a "used" battery. They're $20, but no warranty. If a battery gets returned for any reason they can't sell them as new. Most of the ones returned have nothing wrong with 'em, and they get resold as used batteries. I got one that was for an F-150 or 250, a little snug, but more than enough battery.
I've bought those 20 doller batteries from Auto Zone and they are a smoking deal! The ones I've gotten look brand new except for where it looks like sombody tried it in their car only to find out they had a bad starter or somthing. Check out this old thread on Optimas if you go that rought because there is good info on how to keep them alive.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=922445&highlight=optimas+suck

My Napa standard issue is cranking strong in these low 20's mornings. Been in there about 4 years

Back