• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pulled the trigger

bl87xj

NAXJA Forum User
After much contemplation I finally pulled the trigger on the lift kit.

I just hit the submit order button on a RE super ride full pack kit with OME shocks. I added the track bar so that I would not have to relocate and added the small shims just in case.

I figure disconnects, shackles and spacers, etc. can all be added later. This should be a good starting point that will at least allow me to be ready for 31" tires.

So. I got some wrenches and an Auto Zone right next to me. I NEVER work on my own cars, but I did lift my YJ on my own several years ago in a day.

Think I can get this installed on a weekend?

Which end is more difficult? Figure I should start with the hard one first?

Generally, people have problems with the rear leaf spring bolts - the main eye one is a real pain if its rusted....start spraying everything with PB Blaster a few times a day a few days in advance...also beware of your rear shock upper mounts....those bolts can break very easily if old/rusted....

You should post up in the SOCAL chapter section.

It may a little difficult to get help on a short notice, but you never know.

As for the lift, you should have sprayed all of the nuts and bolts with PB Blaster a couple of times by now.

I am assumming you ordered the 3.5" lift, I am not sure if brakelines come with it, but you can relocate the stock lines by striaghtening the hardline, and re-drilling a hole for the factory bolt. You should also replace the u-bolts, again, I am not sure if the kit comes with new u-bolts.

Make sure you torque everthing to spec. BUT, do not tighten all of the bolts until the entire lift is on, and it is sitting flat on the ground. Then bounce the front and rear (by the bumpers). This can help everything settle in to place. Then tighten all bolts, double check everything!

Good luck!

Back