• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sourcing door locks and rear lift gate lock.

89LimitedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to get a source for the door locs and rear lift gate lock. The small spring loaded door on the driver door lock is broke and causing problems.

The passenger door lock is missing all together and the rear lock is not working with the key I have (wonder if it has been replaced at some time).

I have looked at every autoparts store to no avail. I need to check the dealer I guess. Any other suggestions?

Can I get a keyless remote and have the dealer progam it? I don't have any but this it had it from the factory... There is a little smoked lense on a console in between the front window visors. I am the third owner and the first owner doesn't know what happened to them after he sold it to another guy. He had to repo it.

Thanks,
Matt

Most decent sized locksmiths will have replacement lock cylinders. Otherwise, a boneyard would be a place to pick up the cylinders and then take them to a locksmith to have them keyed alike.

The dealer can get you a set of door locks. Expect to pay greatly for them. Try eBay, I saw a set on there recently. I would go to the junkyard and get what you need. The local locksmith charged me $18.00 to rekey a junkyard lock. Maybe he would give you a deal on a full set. eBay also has keyless remote senders. Most remotes need to go to the dealer for programing.

89LimitedXJ said:
I am trying to get a source for the door locs and rear lift gate lock. The small spring loaded door on the driver door lock is broke and causing problems.

The passenger door lock is missing all together and the rear lock is not working with the key I have (wonder if it has been replaced at some time).

I have looked at every autoparts store to no avail. I need to check the dealer I guess. Any other suggestions?

Can I get a keyless remote and have the dealer progam it? I don't have any but this it had it from the factory... There is a little smoked lense on a console in between the front window visors. I am the third owner and the first owner doesn't know what happened to them after he sold it to another guy. He had to repo it.

Thanks,
Matt

get the remote from ebay it will come with the instructions to program it ,not hard to do, as for teh lock cylinders they can be bought at napa, checker, schucks, autozone etc. I got all mine last time from checker

Back