• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5x5.5 discs w/ crown disc conversion

JT86XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've read through some post but still haven't found what I'm looking for, I'm putting rear discs from a Crown Vic. What I'm needing is disc that are already 5x5.5 and will work with the Crown brakes, or am I stuck redrilling the Crown's disc to 5x5.5, TIA

Assuming from what I've read that the Crown vic discs are the same as the Explorer discs, then you can get some discs from Terraflex that have a dual pattern in them. The Terraflex discs are Grand Cherokee disks, which are nearly identical to the Explorer discs. They are $60 each though.

I will be doing this exact thing really soon, so if you or if I find an alternative rotor that doesnt require drilling...that would be great!

I just got done last night re-drilling my crown vic rotors. I used a set of transfer punches and drilled away. It worked great...I have no worries about this being a issue at all. :yelclap:

I just got done last night re-drilling my crown vic rotors. I used a set of transfer punches and drilled away. It worked great...I have no worries about this being a issue at all. :yelclap:
I did the same thing for my stock rear drums, so I cant imagine a rotor being any different.

If anyone knows of a rotor that works without drilling, post up though!

Back