• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window Seals, Door Glass

the_mechanic

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I have been working on repairing a few lingering issues on my '95 XJ, one of which is dried-up glass seals. I have been able to track down almost every seal except for the rear door 'quarter glass' at the division bar. I have also not been able to track down the seal for the solid 'vent' window on the front doors.

Does anyone know where I might find one or both of these? Do I just get some black silicone and plan to avoid taking that glass out ever again? haha

I'm in the middle of swapping some rust free doors into my 88 so I have some recent experience with this. For the division bar channel, I took a chance on Fairchild 0634-8 from Rockauto. Relatively cheap.

It's not an exact match, but it works. Not sure it will keep all the moisture out, but it does allow the window to operate smoothly. I imagine it probably keeps moisture out better than the old cracked stuff.

I also searched quite a bit for those same OEM parts without any success.

Back