• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas

TRL WGN 1

NAXJA Forum User
Well, prices just jumped from 2.54 to 2.98 a gallon here in Springfield, IL with the news that some refiniaries will be shut down due to the hurricane. I love paying next week's prices for this week's gas

I bought gas on my way in today, I paid $2.69 a gallon, I've been paying that for couple of weeks now. I'd heard that per barrel prices jumped to $70+ a barrel before leaving for work and was relieved to see the stations down here hadn't gotten the memo before I made it here. Luckily my mileage seemed to jump about 2mpg from last week, my guess is better gas than the last fill-up (I got 13mpg week before last and have been averaging 14.5mpg, last week I brought home 15.75mpg according to today's calculations) the slightly taller tires have probably helped that a little (and probably hurt when I had the bad tank more than normal.) I just went from 225/70/15 Toyo's to 235/75/15 Wranglers, I think it was about 2" more in diameter and 1-2" in width over the Toyo's, I guess stock tires should have been 215/75/15, which should have been right between hte other two in diameter, just narrower.

Yep, fill up tonight or cry about it tomorrow. The boss told us today every place will be up 25 cents. Lets just see if the kid that opens up in the morning remembers to raise the prices.

went from 2.44 last night to 3.00 tonight.....found a BP station with it for 2.59 tonight so i topped off....got lucky there. un friggin real.

Saw a station in the town up the mountain from me tonight that was 2.85. It was 2.65 when I got back home but I waited in line. Guess I'll be riding my mountain bike to work.

just heard it's goin to $3.50 around hear by next week? we need a strategic gas reserve, oil reserves do no good if you can't refine it. that really is the biggest problem, it's like trying to feed more and more people on the same amount of ground beef. too bad gas goes bad when it sits around too long. i say drill in Alaska, and everywhere else possible, along with new refineries and some nuclear power plants. yes my back yard would be fine. if the nuke plant blows up i'll never feel it(i hope). i'm frustrated!!!!! also if the truckers go on strike we could all be screwed.....

Fergie said:
What i dont get is that less than 2 months ago, I paid $2.07.

Fergie

Fergie you live and AZ an extensition of the PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CALIFORNIA same crappy gas (MTBE CRAP) therefore we get the shaft harder :wave: than most states....Ill walk all 15 miles to work when it hits 4.00 a gallon or maybe less...
themud

Well, Flag is at 2.68 right now. and have a feeling its going higher...waaaayyyy higher.

My bike is working quite well though, so I'll save there.

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE FOLKS.

We need to stop bitching, get organized, and create a solution.

Fergie

Start buyin hybrids...use less gas and the demand goes down. Supply and demand states that they'd lower it then for people like me who kept driving their 4x4s...

BlackSport96 said:
Start buyin hybrids...use less gas and the demand goes down. Supply and demand states that they'd lower it then for people like me who kept driving their 4x4s...

I am wasting all my money putting gas in my jeep, cant afford a hybrid.

Kind of a dilemma.

Back