• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Eaton E-locker

2offroad

NAXJA Forum User
does anybody have one or know anybody with one, or anything about the durabilty?

bgcntry72 said:
I think Beezil has one in his front 44, and in fact he just had to repair/replace some of it.
HTH.

From what I recall he is running the Detroit electrac and was one of the supporters of it. Hate to here he's having trouble with it.

basalt51 said:
From what I recall he is running the Detroit electrac and was one of the supporters of it. Hate to here he's having trouble with it.

I stand corrected, it is a Detroit ELocker.
Still, I know he ate some of the internals recently, and last time I was there he had a box of stuff from Detroit sitting next to the disassembled, and non-working, locker.
Hasta.

From a practical point of view the only thing that appealed to me about them would be for use in the front, not the rear and once I discovered there was no D30 I lost interest. Would prefer the e-locker over an air locker though.

I read a post on Pirate about them testing them out the D44 and D60 units, never heard anything bad about them!! I'll be running them when i get my D44 in and when the D30 unit comes out! The main reason i'll be running them is because my cousin works for Eaton and i can get them for less then a normal Detroit!!!! :yelclap: I'll see if i can find the post on Pirate about them!

Aaron

the Dana 30 is coming out next year or that's what eaton said.

Aaron i looked on Pirate and did not find much info, read the post on the D44 and D60, i like the ball ramp better than the shift fork style.

I found the post i was talking about, all they said was they were installing them in a few D44 and D60 to test at Moab, but they never posted to say how they worked out. Oh well, i'll keep looking for info! For the price i can't say no, so i may end up being the test dumby!! :cheers:

better luck than me on Pirate, i posted the same ? and got flamed, so i deleted the thread. Randy's quoted me less than $600 for the Eaton for a 8.8 31 spline, so i will most likely be a crash test dummy to.

Back