• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveshaft lengths?

MoFo

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I am in the process of taking my '87 Cherokee up 5 inches. It has the Dana 44 and I keep reading questions about how much longer a shaft is needed for a certain lift. I also understand the D35 shaft is longer, and the Corporate axle equipped shafts are in between. I have another '87 XJ with the D35, so I will be able to try that. But I was wondering...

Does a list exist of the driveshaft lenghts for various XJ vehicles, with the D35, D44 and Corp. axles. Are the Manual vs AW4s different lengths? If no list exists, should we start a thread with actual measurements?

Thanks for your time.
MoFo

manuals for the front are ~2 inches shorter than an auto for the front. My auto front shaft measured 28-31. My friends manual was 27-30. I know the rears of some will be different but i dont know if you would want to run a stock slip yoke shaft with 5 inches of lift. Just go to the junkyard and do some measurements. Im sure you could find one to work.

Thanks, I know the junkyard routine. I just thought that it would be nice to not do the junkyard thing after the last 20 people did it, and possibly save the next 20 people the same work.

Back