• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 MJ Build / Axle Swap with Q's

laxbro37

NAXJA Forum User
Well sold my xj... wanted to try something new and picked up an 88mj and 91mj ("parts one"). Both are long bed, the 88 is 4x4 manual inline 6, the 1991 is 2wd inline 6 auto. Plan is to build the 4x4 one and sell the parts one (all it needs is a fender grille and bumper).... Anyways, got a matching set of axles off a cherokee, 29 spline 8.25 rear and dana 30 front matching 3.55 gears. Im looking to do a SOA swap in the rear but thats where my question comes, I'd like to keep it around 3.5-4" lift in the rear and lift the front 4.5", can I do that with mopar leaf spring perches, 2wd comanche leafs and stock xj shackles? Will it affect how it rides? Cant afford long arms but getting RC short arms and drop brackets.

How I got her [/IMG]

New Headliner
IMG_0568.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Test fit 33s and no lift
IMG_0744.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Front axle clean up and paint.. love this stuff - rustoleum hammered
IMG_0729.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes sir lots of changes have been made haha... Just finished up painting it - suspension is pretty much done just trying to decide on some control arm drop brackets..

Got B Lees Crossover steering kit thats getting installed this later on this week and should be damn near to streetable.

file:///var/folders/q3/b25bfrgj4wn64kw8ctgs0mwm0000gn/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_1711.JPG

Random: where abouts in VA are you located? I'm in the midst of an MJ build in Woodbridge, VA. Would be good to see another MJ'er around.

Back