• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Car Jacking

8Mud

NAXJA Forum User
A car jacking (or robbery) gone stupid. I pull up in front of the Video store about 7 O clock in the evening (it's dark out) and notice a girl signal her boyfriend in the foyer. As I walk in, they walk out and into the shadows under a tree (it's about 30 degrees out). I'm leaving (didn't see any glowing cigarettes) and they suddenly appear from under the tree, timed to arrive almost exactly when I've got my back turned to climb in the door of the Jeep. Instead of walking to the drivers door, I dodge left and around to the passengers side and catch this dummy with his hand on his 25 automatic stuck in his belt (with the XJ between us). I guess they decide they are out of position, laugh and make some noises and walk into a hair salon.
I call the guy who owns the Video store, who happens to be a biker gangster.
I didn't have the dogs with me (the wife complains about hair in her XJ).
Things suck, when you have to pack to go to the video store. My daughter goes to the same store. As far as I'm concerned it's open season on this guy and his girl friend. If I catch them in the parking lot with my XJ, I'm going to run them over and swear I didn't see them.

Last edited:
8Mud said:
A car jacking (or robbery) gone stupid. I pull up in front of the Video store about 7 O clock in the evening (it's dark out) and notice a girl signal her boyfriend in the foyer. As I walk in, they walk out and into the shadows under a tree (it's about 30 degrees out). I'm leaving (didn't see any glowing cigarettes) and they suddenly appear from under the tree, timed to arrive almost exactly when I've got my back turned to climb in the door of the Jeep. Instead of walking to the drivers door, I dodge left and around to the passengers side and catch this dummy with his hand on his 25 automatic stuck in his belt (with the XJ between us). I guess they decide they are out of position, laugh and make some noises and walk into a hair salon.
Things suck, when you have to pack to go to the video store. My daughter goes to the same store. As far as I'm concerned it's open season on this guy and his girl friend. If I catch them in the parking lot with my XJ, I'm going to run them over and swear I didn't see them.
hmmmm is it just me or does trouble just seem to follow you no matter which country or what continent you're on?

I've wondered about that too, guess I'm just a chit magnet.

Repeat after me: "I don't go looking for trouble; it finds me with alarming regularity."

Perhaps that's why I'm always wargaming - by the time the fit hits the shan, I've got a few plans on how to deal with it in place already. I don't have to think, but I make the other guy think about what I'm doing (as I mention elsewhere, I'm always willing to rewrite the rules of engagement. Always have. Always will.)

5-90

5-90 said:
Repeat after me: "I don't go looking for trouble; it finds me with alarming regularity."

Perhaps that's why I'm always wargaming - by the time the fit hits the shan, I've got a few plans on how to deal with it in place already. I don't have to think, but I make the other guy think about what I'm doing (as I mention elsewhere, I'm always willing to rewrite the rules of engagement. Always have. Always will.)

5-90

damn straight. head on a swivel at all times....

8mud..way to be alert. most people these days never would have noticed the oddities in that situation i applaud your awareness
on that note
..I have a Ranger buddy(3rd batt, somalia/black hawk down vet) who is trying to start a business teaching civialians to be more alert..especially mothers and kids. as well as to be prepared to take any type of initiative to avoid or deflect potentially dangerous situations much like you did..hopefully if all works out i will be teaching with him...

on that note...

Sua Sponte Inc.---- Planning for your personal daily battleground (worst case scenario)

Maier

No argument here - my wife is ex-Santa Clara PD, and I've been taking her to "finishing school" for the last few years. She's got a good damn start, but I've been teaching her about threats she's never heard of, and she's picking up signs that no-one else would catch. I'm not worried about her handling a threat - even with a bad knee, she can still toss my arse around the back yard.

Now, I need to get some more rubber training knives...

5-90

5-90 said:

5-90
One of my basic rules has always been don't start no chit, don't take no chit. I always seem to switch into instinct mode, no matter what kind of plans I've made. My instincts have kept me alive and fairly whole this long.
But I sometimes wonder about my motor mouth. At the same store a couple of weeks ago, I came out to find three Africans sitting on my hood (parked in the back under a tree) and before I put my brain in gear, my mouth said, get your butts off of my Jeep, it isn't an ass warmer. Funny, they all reacted like they had a rocket up there rear and moved out smartly. They were running a little store front, *supposedly* selling clothes. I think I surprised them, because I spoke English (most Africans understand English) and I didn't act meek, like most Germans would have. Haven't seen them around much lately. German police are pretty good, it just takes them longer and they aren't much on confrontation, they do it with process.

5-90 said:
No argument here - my wife is ex-Santa Clara PD, and I've been taking her to "finishing school" for the last few years. She's got a good damn start, but I've been teaching her about threats she's never heard of, and she's picking up signs that no-one else would catch. I'm not worried about her handling a threat - even with a bad knee, she can still toss my arse around the back yard.

Now, I need to get some more rubber training knives...

5-90

sounds like you snagged a good one.......(use butter knives).. my current girlfriend is going to school to be a elementary school teacher, meeting her really forced me to relook some of my natural (ranger instilled) tendancies to take to the offense as fast as possible. Ie. I really like my CCW but on school grounds it doesnt hold any meaning. how do i respond and plan for a situation there? since she is responsible at any given time during the course of her job for 20-35 3-7 yr old kids. how is she going to act and what is she going to do if something external should threaten one or all of those kids and or herself. this is where i am trying to slowly take my sniper/observation training and trying to instill it in her. so that she will be more situationally aware and maybe rely on her instinct and use what she sees to decide that this (object or person) is a possible danger to her or the kids and to take action from that point on to deflect or avoid the object or person and mitigate the danger.

It is my belief that God designed certain people to close with, meet and destroy the enemy(ie evil) where it stands. it is the purpose of those not prepared for this task to be aware enough of "the people in/and their surroundings" that they can take any form of action that will mitigate or divert danger till those of us prepared to meet the enemy are able.

This is the kinda stuff i intend to teach at Sua Sponte Inc. when it gets running. "Situational awareness" saves lives of less trained people.

8mud what has you in Germany, Service in the armed forces?

5-90 one of these days when i am on that side of this great land i intend to buy you a beer...until then, let the training continue...nice avi by the way...

Last edited:
Sorry for entirely stupid question, but where is Germany ?
Europe, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Texas or some other place I've never heard about ?

Grifter144 said:
It is my belief that God designed certain people to close with, meet and destroy the enemy(ie evil) where it stands. it is the purpose of those not prepared for this task to be aware enough of "the people in/and their surroundings" that they can take any form of action that will mitigate or divert danger till those of us prepared to meet the enemy are able.

5-90 one of these days when i am on that side of this great land i intend to buy you a beer...until then, let the training continue...nice avi by the way...

Thank you. I change avatars fairly often (also my sig - keep an eye on it for a chuckle) to keep from getting boring - but there's still a theme.

I'm sure you know what my "5-90" stands for - PM me if you've got a good guess (there are probably a dozen people here who know, and it's become a sort of "guessing game" for everyone...)

I've been using butter knives, but they're still metal, and you can still slip. Rubber knives make it damn near impossible to get hurt, you don't have to pull all your punches, and you can "chalk" them to record hits.

Oh - I've never been much for beer - but that don't mean I don't drink! I've had Captain Morgan as a staff psychiatrist for a number of years, and there's always at least a bottle in the house...

5-90

Grifter144 said:
sounds like you snagged a good one.......(use butter knives).. my current girlfriend is going to school to be a elementary school teacher, meeting her really forced me to relook some of my natural (ranger instilled) tendancies to take to the offense as fast as possible. Ie. I really like my CCW but on school grounds it doesnt hold any meaning. how do i respond and plan for a situation there? since she is responsible at any given time during the course of her job for 20-35 3-7 yr old kids. how is she going to act and what is she going to do if something external should threaten one or all of those kids and or herself. this is where i am trying to slowly take my sniper/observation training and trying to instill it in her. so that she will be more situationally aware and maybe rely on her instinct and use what she sees to decide that this (object or person) is a possible danger to her or the kids.

Retired military; Scout (mostly, I was big on military schools and took anything possible). Spent some time in Bad Tolz and a lot of time at Vilseck. Worked for Nato, then the State department. I now wrench, hunt, fish and garden.
My wife is also an elementary school teacher. Heaven help anybody who tries to harm her kids. Though she could use a couple of courses in panic management and threat assessment. Germans are really good at plans (I imagine they have a plan for everything). They seem rather poor on creative thinking, ad hoc responses and adaptability. Form over function, ten times out of ten. Many seem to freeze up, when the situation doesn't fit there expectations or preconceptions.
We have a dike a couple of miles from the school (the countries third largest river). A plutonium, reprocessing plant about five miles away. Not to mention the wanna be gangstas, weirdos, wackos, fanatics and honest to God spear chuckers around.
Most of the new wave of African refugees, look a lot more like the paramiltaries than the persecuted. Don't realy know where this is headed, a fairly new wrinkle.

Last edited:
Slonopotam said:
Europe, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Texas or some other place I've never heard about ?
Germany is the place many of the 9 11 hijackers stopped at before they visited the twin towers.
I guess pretty much irrelavent, to anybody living anywhere in the real world.

Slonopotam said:

Just south of Indiana!! :lecture:

Slonopotam said:

Ever heard of a place called Ben Lomond? You take a right turn there and head east.

8Mud said:

Wow....... you could tell it was a .25 auto when the grip is concealed by his hand and the rest is tucked in his belt. :bs:

You're amazing.

Who's the "dummy" here? I guess me..... for believing this story for even one minute.

:rolleyes:

Grifter144 said:
I really like my CCW but on school grounds it doesnt hold any meaning. how do i respond and plan for a situation there? since she is responsible at any given time during the course of her job for 20-35 3-7 yr old kids. how is she going to act and what is she going to do if something external should threaten one or all of those kids and or herself.
A 5lb dry powder fire extinguisher makes a good defensive weapon, spray and pound on the head. They are all around the school.

YELLAHEEP said:
Wow....... you could tell it was a .25 auto when the grip is concealed by his hand and the rest is tucked in his belt. :bs:

You're amazing.

Who's the "dummy" here? I guess me..... for believing this story for even one minute.

Believe what you want to. It was chrome or nickle plated (black grip), could have been a fake or a 32 maybe. He lifted his jacket then grabbed the grip. His girlfriend or the chic that was instigating or orchestrating the whole thing, had a hold of his upper jacket sleeve (left) and seemed to be steering him. I just remembered something else, he was left handed. Thanx for having me do a mental replay. I also remember it had a relatively large safety, that was in line with the barrel, I'm thinking (or hoping) it was on safe and thinking about it a little more, he would probably have had some trouble with the safety using his index finger. My attention was pretty much riveted on the pistol (actually right at the trigger area), tunnel vision.
Right across the street, from where many soldiers families are living, waiting for there husbands and wives to return from Iraq. Mr. Video carries USA format English language films, in Germany (the world is smaller than you think).
I passed my BS story on to the MP's, so they can send a patrol through the parking lot on occasion. And maybe avoid somebody being a victim.
There are a few people on this board, who have actually been in the parking lot I mentioned. Ask Ladywolf.
Personally, I find it a lot less painful, learning from other peoples screw ups.
Of course if I were you, I'd know it all already.
Personally, BS or not, I'd be thankful somebody reminded me to be watchful. And not to try and belittle them, whatever you thought of there story.
It's been really cold around here lately, junkies are just like everybody else, they avoid the cold when possible. But if they put scoring off a little too long, things get desperate. If you manage to live a few more years, you may learn a thing or three the easy way, instead of the hard way. We all have to grow up sooner or later or die trying.

Last edited:
YELLAHEEP said:

You're amazing.

Yes, actually, you can tell. With practise.

I took the TSA exam a few years ago (they didn't hire me because I was competent, I think) and I was able to readily identify every "dangerous object" they had on the X-ray screens - even knives, by make and model. I could also identify - accurately and by touch - anything they put in the "blind box."

It's not that difficult to tell what's going on, if you have any idea what you're about and you PAY ATTENTION.

I don't have any trouble believing him - I've done much the same thing. Besides, it's worthwhile also knowing that .25ACP and 9m/m are the "preferred" calibres for criminals, and most of Europe does not allow the private citizenry to own "military-calibre" firearms - which disqualified the 9m/m...

5-90

Back