• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EVENT: SoCalXJ.com 11th Annual Fiesta Island Picnic on Sat Aug 24th.

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
IM0008_45-47_sm.jpg

Saturday, August 24th, 2013. Mark your calendars!

Come one, come all. It's time for the SoCalXJ Fiesta Island BBQ Picnic Potluck Swapmeet Show'n'shine Hootenanny Cavalcade!

This is the 11th year in a row we drive are XJs to the beach during the summer time for some good food, and water play (Jet ski's, boats, kayaks, sandcastles, fire pits, etc). Bring some food for yourself, and some to share if you like. We can use some tables if you have them.

Feel free to drive your daily drivers, RVs, tow rigs, TJs, whatever, if that's all you have, driving/owning an XJ is not required, it's just encouraged. You don't have to be a member of SoCalXJ.com Yahoo Group either.

TIME:
Morning until whenever, but show up any time! Typically, sunrise to just before sunset. Official beach hours are 6am-10pm. Island access does close, with no camping.

(Optional) Potluck signup sheet:
http://www.luckypotluck.com/potluck/SoCalXJPIcnic82413

Directions/Map, click on the blue pin, and get directions to:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213636899238715041971.00048d2fe378839f15a18&msa=0

From I-5, take the Sea World Drive exit and head southwest, then make a right onto East Mission Bay Drive, then left to Fiesta Island. There is parking throughout the island.

Fiesta Island Rules:
No alcohol (SD Municipal Code Rules, not our Rules), no glass containers, no camping, closes at 10.

http://socalxj.com/article-22--0-0.html

I missed last year, I'll be at this one.

It's always a great time! And yes, that pic is old... before any of the lift I currently have! I'm thinking that was 2008, because I think I had a bit of lift by summer 2009... And Cali didn't have her sticker collection on her window yet, either, and I got her in June 2008 & I can't imagine I'd have left her windows nekkid for over a year...

Regardless, I'll be there...

Yeah, sure, Kris. I'll believe it when I don't see you there. And then I'll tell you all about how amazing it was, at the next M&G... =)

Figured this deserved another bump

I plan on showing up as well, just transfered down this summer and havent been able to make it to any of the other meet and greet's locally.

Slim chance. Let's see how the home and XJ projects go this week.

I think I am out. Forgot to take the day off. Got Friday off instead. Depending on when I get off I might swing by. I think it will be my first time bringing an XJ to one of these. lol

my jeep life has taken a serious backseat beating and molestation due to home selling and finding a new house. I have home inspections set for Saturday so I cant come. :(

But on a good note, I DID replace some ball joints last weekend!

Still have the rear leafs and Sye to install tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to make it

Overall the BBQ was quite enjoyable... and the weather was beautiful.
In the course of the day there were more than 2 dozen XJs, 1 KJ and a few other vehicles in attendance.
Potluck food was very good with quite a selection to choose from....

It rocked, as always, Tom =). Sorry you missed it. Be more careful what day you take off next year!! LOL

Back