• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Shackles

Bouchie836

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a three inch lift, but I want to add another inch to make it a four inch to clear some 33's (cut fenders abvisouly). Rusty's has a 3/4" lift shackle and a 1.25 lift shackle. Which one is better for my application?

Thanks

Bouchie, where abouts up here are ya? (or is it Ontario, Cali?)

I picked up a set of Rubicon Express Boomerangs (#RE2705) from NSOR.com (Canadian Dist.) They give 1.25" worth of lift and move the leafs angle rearwards abit helping flex.

So it will be a little over an inch, but I think you will like the end result. I think you'll rather have the extra lift than too little. Otherwise there are other shackles you can find that give an inch or so of lift.

bmyohn said:
look at the TnT Customs 1" Boomerangs, they come unpainted, but u cant beat the price

X2:NAXJA:

A longer shackle will lift only one end of the spring, so the amount of lift will be 1/2 of the longer shackle length. So, just make sure you know how much longer the shackle is than stock, then you'll know the lift amount.

I think if you wanted 1" of lift, I'd go with a bit more than with a bit less, since the spring can settle a little. The rear half of a spring isn't as strong as the front half, so I never think a longer shackle lifts it exactly the amount you expect.

Back