• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front and rear bumpers

SPXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I built a front winch bumper and rear bumper with a spare tire carrier.
Here's some pics, take a :eyes:........Front Bumper

Mounted2-1.jpg

Mounted1.jpg

FrontDSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

FDSCF0005.jpg

FDSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

Rear Bumper.......The tire carrier swings out and down to remove the tire.

TireCarrier05.jpg

TireCarrier07.jpg

TireCarrier08.jpg

TireCarrier15.jpg

Gascansmounted.jpg

i really dig the rear setup, very clean and functional, different is cool.

Nice!
Did you think about removing the front cross member to be able to set the winch back a little further? I'd like to do that if I build one, but haven't looked at it enough to know what I may run into.

wicked bumpers dude. the rear looks like the Off Road Evo JK bumper. so sweet. how thick wall is the tube used? wut hinges did you use for the flip down? wut kinnda pipe bender do u got?

:patriot:
Nice!
Did you think about removing the front cross member to be able to set the winch back a little further? I'd like to do that if I build one, but haven't looked at it enough to know what I may run into.

Thanks..............
I did look at that but I really didn't see much benifit. If you cut the front cross member you would have to move it back and tie it back in. All for an inch +, you would also have to lower the winch mount. I didn't think it was wort the time. The way I did it the front of the bumper only moves forward by 7" and I can access the winch without having to remove the bumper. Just my preference. :patriot:

where do i place my order for a rear bumper Steve? Great job bro

:patriot:

Thanks..............
I did look at that but I really didn't see much benifit. If you cut the front cross member you would have to move it back and tie it back in. All for an inch +, you would also have to lower the winch mount. I didn't think it was wort the time. The way I did it the front of the bumper only moves forward by 7" and I can access the winch without having to remove the bumper. Just my preference. :patriot:

Is that 7" forward total or 7" forward of the grill. I was working on doing something similar and measured more like 3" added onto the bumper mounts. I love the front bumper winch integration. By my calculation, there is little to no approch angle lost.

The rear design is truly unique. The hydralic struct to cushion the swing arm got me thinking. Excelent use of available technology. :thumbup:

:cheers:

oops!
P1060337.jpg

Back